Just saying.

Rockxx
Aluminum Star

Just saying.

Post by Rockxx »

I really hate this time of year when everyone "hunkers down" just waiting for Spring so we can once again start looking forward to boating season. I especially hate it when the forum goes quite as I normally check it at least twice a day for new post. Anyway, waiting for my son to pick me up and we're heading to the Marina to Winterize his 1977, 37' big M.

Wishing you all a happy Holiday Season.

Rockxx BigM
1972 28' express "Safari"
Single Chrysler 318
Center Hill Lake, Tennessee
Roger2
Aluminum Star

Re: Just saying.

Post by Roger2 »

Agree Rockxx, I too check daily! Someone is doing something to their Big M and could share pictures & stories to keep us entertained.

Roger
"Sea Jay" a 37' Double cabin with twin factory Volvo diesels, 230 HP each. Twin Disk 1.54 Trans turning DynaQuad 19X21 props.
Roger Brown
Petersburg, IL
Tranquilo
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by Tranquilo »

This is my busy season... Am wrapping up a full deck replacement and starting an exhaust mod and doing an interior facelift

Keep looking. Going to be lots from me
2x 1973 28 Express - Single 318
New electrical panels, water system and velvet drive
Miami FL & Catawba OH
bcassedy
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by bcassedy »

Have 2 projects in the works for the boat (as well as catching up on home projects that the admiral "suggests" I should attend to! ;-|
1. Build a set up davits for our 8' Walker Bay dinghy to hang off the back of the boat.
2. Fabricate a complete enclosure for the cockpit area of out 32' SB including Bimini top, sides with screens, "glass" roll up windows and outer covers for the window'd areas (to selectively block out the sun during the summer).

Spring projects (if I can find and raid Jeff's backyard stash... ;-) ) is to:
1. Replace the existing AC (w/ reverse heat) unit which has been on a slow downward spiral for a couple of years (old Cruiseaire unit).
2. Paint the bottom (1 coat + special attention to premature wear areas of last spring's repaint job.
3. Paint the hull from the bottom paint to the gunnels.
4. Finish the rudder positioning system I started.
5. Install dual gauge fuel sending tank sending units and install a gas gauge on the upper station with a selector switch for starboard or port tanks.

Just a couple of items.. :-)

Bill
Bill & Sharon Cassedy
"Sunset Seeker"
'88 32' Sedan Bridge to be sold (updtd 1-1-22)
"Sunset Seeker Too" (SS2)
'88 41' Marquis hardtop. (as of 1/1/22)
Located in Aurora, In.
Always fresh water.