Donating my 73 28 express

Tranquilo
Royal Aluminum Star

Donating my 73 28 express

Post by Tranquilo »

Hey guys, I have been silent for awhile because life got kinda busy for me. That said, I have to get rid of one of my boats. I decided to keep my M in Ohio and shed the one in Miami. Before I bother trying to sell it on craigslist and dealing with all that nonsense, I wanted to offer it up to anyone here who loves these boats as much as I do for free. There are a ton on upgrades for parts but the single LM318 engine sucks and should be replaced or rebuilt.

If anyone wants to take the trip to Miami, I will gladly give it to you. If you need a place to stay for a night, you can crash in my living room.

Sad day but I haven't had a chance to take it out in over 8 months.

I'm sure you have tons of questions and I'll answer as I can. Basically the boat needs a full restore. It was sitting deep in the river so the salt wasn't really an issue, just the salty air in the engine compartment which made life miserable.

My next boat will have engines inside and the AC will run 24/7 :)
2x 1973 28 Express - Single 318
New electrical panels, water system and velvet drive
Miami FL & Catawba OH
javalin390
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: Donating my 73 28 express

Post by javalin390 »

No takers yet? Saw an ad on craigslist for a guy in the Buffalo area looking for an Express.
Jim Elias
1974 37' SedanFlybridge
Twin 360 Chryslers.
Marblehead, Ohio
seef158
Aluminum Star

Post by seef158 »

The guy that bought my totaled express is interested in it but isn't a forum member, he asked I give you his phone number. PM and email sent through the forum. Let me know if you don't get them.
Thanks,
1972 28' express single 318, working on getting the bugs worked out.
forest lake, mn
Duluth, mn
Washburn, wi
Tranquilo
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by Tranquilo »

I'll give him a call tomorrow. Just don't want to see it scrapped.
2x 1973 28 Express - Single 318
New electrical panels, water system and velvet drive
Miami FL & Catawba OH
ClayDoh
New poster

Post by ClayDoh »

Became a member on here in 2009 or 10, but I haven't posted in so long, I had to start a new account, I guess from when the forum moved? Anyways, I'm in Florida too, up here in Pensacola. IS the boat still available? If so, I will come get it! Please let me know either way.

I have a lot of friends down your way in West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami area, and my wife and I travel down to visit.

I'll PM and email you too, and include my phone number. Thanks!
Spearfishing videos off our 1978 32' Flybridge Sedan here in Pensacola, FL
https://vimeo.com/24826232