1976 Express 28, sale or salvage?

pickwick
New poster

1976 Express 28, sale or salvage?

Post by pickwick »

Howdy folks. I own a 28' Express that was left to me by my late Father in Law. The boat was floating and running when I took ownership. I eventually borrowed a trailer and pulled the boat out due to lack of use and cost.

Due to lack of time and multiple boats now, I parked the boat for about a year, uncovered. Tragically, and to no one's fault but my own, the boat unknowingly filled up with rain water. When I discovered this, I was able to drain the boat, and it has been in covered storage since.

I have no idea the mechanical condition of the boat. The twin 318s were running great at one time, but it is possible that they are damaged from the water. It will no doubt need a cosmetic makeover, not to mention a detailed mechanical inspection. The boat is currently on a stand in storage.

My questions are: Is it worth the effort trying to sell this boat in its questionable condition? If so, are BoatTrader and Craigslist my best options? Thanks in advance.
1976 Express 28'
Twin 318's
Counce, Tennessee - Pickwick Lake
hightension
Tin star

Re: 1976 Express 28, sale or salvage?

Post by hightension »

If you part it out I have want to buy a few things from you. But I hope it gets saved and back on the water
Rodney Hack
Louisville,Ky
1975 32' sedan flybridgehttp://www.marinetteboat.com/forum/ucp.php?i=u ... =signature#
javalin390
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by javalin390 »

Bummer. Can you post pictures? Maybe it's not as bad as you may think. I saw another M that was full of rain water, same situation, on craigslist about a year ago (was this yours?) Don't know if it sold. The pictures showed the water was clear up to the carburetors and about knee deep in the cabin. Hate to see an M go to waste.
Jim Elias
1974 37' SedanFlybridge
Twin 360 Chryslers.
Marblehead, Ohio
hoohaah
Tin star

Post by hoohaah »

Is the boat still available can you send pictures gldocks@yahoo.com 586 725 0009 Wally
ImageCaptain Wally
39' Marinette twin Volvo diesels
Docked on the Kalamazoo river in Saugatuck, Michigan
Name Miss Kris III
Great Lakes Docks & Decks with over 30 years in Marine Construction Location Algonac, MI