On Marketplace

javalin390
Royal Aluminum Star

On Marketplace

Post by javalin390 »

This is only the second one I have seen, a 32' with big blocks ! I had met a fellow that owned the other, he came to the Great Lakes Marinette Club's annual Rendezvous, a few years ago. The story goes that these suffered structural problems with the stringers/engine mounts. There were 6 built, and four of them were sent back to Stanford Field and re-powered to small block 360's. This, and the other, had the hulls reinforced to handle the power, as the owners wanted to keep them big blocks. At least that's how the story goes, may or may not be true, but... The fellow that I met tells me that his would absolutely FLY. Funny thing is, she has small 3 blade prop's. As a side note, there is a 32' Sport Fisherman, that was built for one of the guys at ALC, in the 60's, that they installed (with extra support I'd guess !) a pair of 426 Max Wedge engines, the same engines that Chrysler put in the Dodge Max Wedge drag race cars !! This boat is, to my knowledge, still running around the Ohio river. She sounds fun.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... _type=post
Jim Elias
1974 37' SedanFlybridge
Twin 360 Chryslers.
Marblehead, Ohio