My 32 Footer is For Sale

meapilot
New poster

Re: My 32 Footer is For Sale

Post by meapilot »

Thank goodness Jeff. I know I need all the help I can get!
1978 32 F/B Sedan, Twin 318

TN River
semperfive
Tin star

Post by semperfive »

Jeff, is Mystic a sedan or an express ? Is 4k really the price ? I could very well be a player on so storied a Big M.
ddependo
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by ddependo »

Jeff, I think you are pulling our leg. Your boat is got to be worth 25k Tell me it ant so!
Wayne'
1973 32 express fly bridge
Chattanooga
"Southern Lady"
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

Boat has been on Craig's List for two days now and we've already got 8 inquires (a few that sound very serious).

See; the old tin boxes are desirable after all!

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

Jeff: be on your toes for the (jn)famous Craig's List scam: the one where the guy says he'd like to buy your boat for a relative/friend, sight unseen. Doesn't even want to negotiate. Then promises to wire you more than you're asking because it's the only amount he can send and you'll promise to refund a bank check for the overage. His wired payment is phony and you're out the amount you refunded. Craig's List has a page listing a variety of scams. I mention this because I got a few of these "offers" when I was selling my boat. They come with the territory. Finally, I agree with the rest of the troops who think you're asking price is too low but $4k is the pocket is worth a lot of RV fuel. Good luck with the sale.
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
ddependo
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by ddependo »

Jeff, let me extend an invitation for you to visit Chattanooga in your new moterhome( I know you a civil war buff) . We can take a ride on the Tennessee River in my old Marinette. I bet a few other Marinette rednecks would like to meet you too.
Wayne
1973 32 express fly bridge
Chattanooga
"Southern Lady"
balthaus
Aluminum Star

Post by balthaus »

Jeff,
I have been in the shadows on this forum for years and now that we bought our M have been more active. I have always enjoyed your posts and advice.
If the new "Big M" (big mobile) ever makes it to Louisville Ky, I, and a few others as well, would be willing to get you guys out on the water.
Keep in mind we have a little horsey race here in May, not to mention a nice little fireworks display (Thunder over Louisville).
1984 32' Sedan FB
Twin Chrysler 360's
1.52:1 Velvet Drives
Raw water cooled
Ohio River
Tranquilo
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by Tranquilo »

Jeff,
I share the sentiment of the others posting here. If you set out for the florida keys, stop here in Miami for a few days. Help me fix my !*$%# boat and I'll be thrilled to take you to the reef and do some spear fishing and lobstering. One of the crew is a chef, the rest are crazy vets. It will be good times, great eating and I'll even put you guys up in my place with one of the best views in the city.

Of course I'm kidding. Unless this sounds good to you, then I'm dead serious :lol: :) )
2x 1973 28 Express - Single 318
New electrical panels, water system and velvet drive
Miami FL & Catawba OH
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

You folks are too kind! I might take some of you up on this, when we get back to RVing. The "Admiral" has had enough of winter in PA--didn't see my lawn until late March again--and that's a large part of my motivation.

Again, thanks for the kind statements.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
barkleydave
Site Admin

Post by barkleydave »

Any bites yet?

Sad if it will not sell at scrap price.
Prce is not a good sign for any of our Big M's
1987 Marinette 29 FB Sedan
Retired Boat Accident UL and USCG trained investigator
Retired USCG Captain