Who not to shop from

Busia
Royal Aluminum Star

Who not to shop from

Post by Busia »

Just a warning to my friends out there. Bought two starters from Basic Power Industries ( also on the web as eBasic Power) They are in Harkers Island NC .Phone (252) 728-5566. I paid $67 for postage and $81 for "handling" for the package. Talked to customer service, and their attitude was tough shtt, what are you going to do about it. Total jerks, and told me to spell their name right when I give them bad reviews. I looked up their reviews and found page after page after page of unhappy customers. To late for me, but maybe I can save you problems. --Ed
Last edited by Busia on Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BUSIA
located in Ketchikan, Alaska. Gods country
32 foot Marinette (no fly bridge)
twin 350 Crusader (Chev 350) engines
1:1 Borg Warner velvet drive transmissions
Closed cooling (antifreeze in the engine)
Proud to be retired IBEW and an A+P
jralbert
Site Admin

Re: Who to not to shop from

Post by jralbert »

Busia wrote:Just a warning to my friends out there. Bought two starters from Basic Power Industries ( also on the web as eBasic Power) They are in Harkers Island NC .Phone (252) 728-5566. I paid $67 for postage and $81 for "handling" for the package. Talked to customer service, and their attitude was tough shtt, what are you going to do about it. Total jerks, and told me to spell their name right when I give them bad reviews. I looked up their reviews and found page after page after page of unhappy customers. To late for me, but maybe I can save you problems. --Ed
What was the issue...starters didn't arrive...didn't work..not as ordered...
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
Busia
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by Busia »

I hope they work. My complaint is paying $81 for them to put them in a box for the Post Office to ship them. Doing a little research and have found that they are famous for sending the wrong or defective parts and will not send the correct ones unless you pay for them twice. One website showed over 4500 complaints. Even the BBB gives them a F rating. I just have to live and learn, but I might save somebody else some problems.
BUSIA
GB49
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by GB49 »

Always check here before ordering from unknown, online source. I've used this site since the 90's. It does not list everyone but they are constantly adding to it.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/eBasicPower

-Karl
1986 Sedan 32'. Twin Chrysler 360in^3, 275hp.
Forum member since 1998.
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

If it were me and I got a quote of $81 for "handling" on top of shipping.. and the place had a bad BBB rating (they're fairly objective while online reviews are suspect), I would have bestowed my bucks on another vendor. But that;s just me.
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
Busia
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by Busia »

I thought I was dealing with a decent company, didn't look at reviews until I had problems. Then it was too late. All I can do is warn others.
BUSIA
Rockit
Aluminum Star

Post by Rockit »

Thanks for the warning. It's tough being conned and sometimes tough to tell people about it.

Don't beat yourself up any more than you have already.

Best,

Joe
Joe Napoli
1977 28' Express
Twin raw water cooled 318s
Beaver River--near mile 25 on the Ohio
MetalHead
Site Admin

Post by MetalHead »

Did you pay with a credit card? File a complaint with them about the company. Thanks for the heads up!
1959 Family Cruiser - Sold - Gary Dick - 12/05/14
1963 Express 31x10 - Sold - Joe & Ginger Tabor - 01/21/2017
1963 Express 31x8.5 - In Dry Dock - Restore Underway
1987 Sportsman - Lay Lake (Coosa River) Alabama
Big BigM 's Rule !!!
Columbiana, AL
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

They pissed me off--royally--a more than few times. Lousy customer interaction. They refused to take back a brand new mechanical fuel pump with a defective weld--one that allowed fuel to spray into the bilge!

We made it les than a 1/4 mile from our slip when our JUST REPLACED fumes sensor went off. Gotta be a nuisance trip, angrily thought as I entered the bilge to find gas spraying everywhere! "Shut down!" I screamed at the Admiral; I then told her to get out of the cabin, far away from this potential bomb as she could get. Buckets of water dumped into the bilge--followed by a half hour of leaving the bilge blowers going (I never shut them off)--and the detector was normal again.

Since this was a 32 Sedan, we were standing right next--over, actually--what could have burnt us both to death. It was that damn close.

The moral of the story: One; never be without a working (by regular testing) fumes detector, and, Two; find another supplier.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
Busia
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by Busia »

Fair is fair. I'll give them credit, when credit is due. One of the bosses at Basic Power or Ebasic Power called a couple of days ago and apologized, said that they would refund some of the handling charges. They just refunded $42 to my credit card. That's what they could have done in the first place. Totally different attitude than the first idiot I talked to. He actually told me to make sure I spelled their name right when I wrote bad reviews. So I think the word got out. Now if only I could get Jeff a new fuel pump, he would say " what the heck do I do with this now?"--Ed
BUSIA