Waste tank/s setup question

Fastjeff
Site Admin

Re: Waste tank/s setup question

Post by Fastjeff »

The absolute best thing I did for my Marinette was add a second waste tank! No question about it. Heck; all by myself I can poop that tiny tank in the head full in a few days.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
ericinga
Aluminum Star

Post by ericinga »

Aquaholic wrote:Very nice Bill. You folks on here documenting in doing these detailed instructions is so very helpful:-).
Did you leave the original holding tank in place and just abandon it? What is the original holding tanks location? Thanks again
Bill-

I have the same question. The previous owners left the macerator pump installed but disconnected. It is still functional but not used to discharge waste. I was planning to use this pump to push the waste from the current head mounted tank to a new storage tank under the v-berth (similar to your set-up). The waste would be removed from the larger tank at a pump out. Otherwise, I think the head would have to be replaced to a model pumping directly to a tank.

Eric
Eric Spies
1989 32 SDFB
Twin 318s
Lake Lanier, GA
Marinette Boat
bcassedy
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by bcassedy »

Eric,
There will only be the new holding tank I've discussed on the boat. At 19 gallons, it will be sufficient for either a multiday run or one heck of a party. :-). And yes I will be using the existing Raritan macerator to liquefy solids and push waste into the new holding tank. There'll be a slight downhill run from the toilet/macerator unit to the new holding tank. I intend to flush (no pun intended) clean water thru the unit at the time of pumpout to ensure any solids in the bottom of the tank into a suspended state and then pumped out.

Bill
Bill & Sharon Cassedy
"Sunset Seeker"
'88 32' Sedan Bridge to be sold (updtd 1-1-22)
"Sunset Seeker Too" (SS2)
'88 41' Marquis hardtop. (as of 1/1/22)
Located in Aurora, In.
Always fresh water.
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

I suggest you also look into the cost of an ElectroSan toilet setup. No pumping out required, just a small bag of ashes to be dropped in the trash.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
ericinga
Aluminum Star

Post by ericinga »

Fastjeff wrote:I suggest you also look into the cost of an ElectroSan toilet setup. No pumping out required, just a small bag of ashes to be dropped in the trash.

Jeff
Jeff-

I really like the ElectroSan system. Unfortunately, it is specified for discharge waterways. Lake Lanier is a non-discharge waterway "impoundment". Can't use it.

Eric
Eric Spies
1989 32 SDFB
Twin 318s
Lake Lanier, GA
Marinette Boat
yooper
Aluminum Star

Post by yooper »

http://www.toddusa.com/water-holding-tanks.aspx

Above is a source for typical legal waste tanks. The Todd fitting kits only include the hose barbs that attach to the tank. Oder free hoses are very expensive.
You must measure carefully. Mount the tank on a plywood shelf under the v-berth. A hose from the 9 gallon toiet waste tank goes to a macerator pump input. A hose from the macerartor pump goes into the 1 1/2" inch fitting at the top of the tank. A 1 1/2" from the bottom of the tank goes to a pump out fitting on the deck. On mine a cut off valve is located between the tank and the deck fitting. The 1/2" holes are for vent hoses one to the toilet waste tank and one to a vent outlet on the hull.

Uric acid will eventually consume the aluminum tanks used by Marinette. I had to replace original 24 gallon tank with a 20 gallon plastic tank to get it to fit without cutting a hull brace. I dont have pictures with me now when I get back to the boat I can take some if you need them. First thing is to make a cardboard box the same shape as the tank you are considering to see if it will fit.
TinChips
Tin star

Post by TinChips »

The Ronco 20 Gallon tank is a drop in replacement for the original Aluminum tank. (I know - there is one in my boat :lol: )
http://www.tank-depot.com/productdetail ... rt=RH-B233

The hoses also almost match up perfectly.

Hope this helps
yooper
Aluminum Star

Post by yooper »

The marina I sail from has great shower and toilet facilites. There is also a modern porta potty dockside. If you spend a lot of time way out you may want fo figure out more holding tank. I bought a camping toilet that uses plastic bags which I use at the storage unit and will carry for longer trips. Most seasons I haven't used the shower or much of the toilet tanks.
hoohaah
Tin star

Post by hoohaah »

What a beautiful job where did you purchase the scad monitor?
ImageCaptain Wally
39' Marinette twin Volvo diesels
Docked on the Kalamazoo river in Saugatuck, Michigan
Name Miss Kris III
Great Lakes Docks & Decks with over 30 years in Marine Construction Location Algonac, MI
bcassedy
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by bcassedy »

Got the Scad monitoring system from Ahoy Captain.
https://www.ahoycaptain.com/scad_tm01.html

Bill
Bill & Sharon Cassedy
"Sunset Seeker"
'88 32' Sedan Bridge to be sold (updtd 1-1-22)
"Sunset Seeker Too" (SS2)
'88 41' Marquis hardtop. (as of 1/1/22)
Located in Aurora, In.
Always fresh water.