North American users only - Why

Postings by Admins and responses
marinetteman
Site Admin

North American users only - Why

Post by marinetteman »

In general, the admins will only approve those whose "whois" check is from USA or Canada locations. The Marinette was not generally exported to other nations. IP's '59.174.0.0 - 59.175.255.255' are banned since Asia did not import Marinette boats...

There is little of interest to others here.
Thank you
37 Foot Sedan Twin EFI Crusader 350s
Admin (forum founder)
Marinetteman (marinettejoe) BigM
marinetteman
Site Admin

Re: North American users only - Why

Post by marinetteman »

Right now I am considering a vouch for system for adding users. In a "vouch", one would have to know a Marinette owner who sends a private message to the admins on a hidden post. You gotta know an insider to get in. ... Still thinking about it. Boat US stopped allowing non-members on their forum and other sites are going that way also. I am also considering client certificates.

Enjoy life.

This site is about Marinette Boats and Aluminum Boats in general. There is very little here else.
Thank you
Admin (forum founder)
Cabinfever
Tin star

Post by Cabinfever »

I didn't know any Marinette owners when I joined, it would be awkward for someone to pull up to another M owner you don't know and ask if they were on the site and if they would vouch for you to get in. We may miss out on some good people, info, or happening events from people who wouldn't have a chance to get in.

It has to be hard to take care of the site and keep all the a-holes at bay, but there are a lot of Marinettes and future owners out there that are not even aware of this site yet. Just my thoughts.
Joe
1977 28 Express
Single 318
(RESTORATION IS ALL THE ROUTINE MATIANANCE AT ONCE)
marinetteman
Site Admin

Post by marinetteman »

Cabinfever wrote:I didn't know any Marinette owners when I joined, it would be awkward for someone to pull up to another M owner you don't know and ask if they were on the site and if they would vouch for you to get in. We may miss out on some good people, info, or happening events from people who wouldn't have a chance to get in.

It has to be hard to take care of the site and keep all the a-holes at bay, but there are a lot of Marinettes and future owners out there that are not even aware of this site yet. Just my thoughts.
I hear you. We are asking for descriptive text.
Thank you
Admin (forum founder)