Anti-fouling TriLux 33

RiverRatt

Anti-fouling TriLux 33

Post by RiverRatt »

I usually pull my 32 Sedan every winter. When I power wash the hull I blast off most of the anti-fouling paint. The TriLux 33 is a Ablative designed that way. I get tire of shelling out $300 plus back breaking labor to paint every year.

Has anyone used a hard coat type of Anti-fouling? In fresh waters.
Bauxite Lady
32' FB Sedan
318 Chryslers

26' Express
Ohio River Mile 498
jralbert
Site Admin

Re: Anti-fouling TriLux 33

Post by jralbert »

I think ablative refers to what we'll call normal wear and tear -- pushing thru the water. A power wash blast is something else. I recall getting a power wash annually at haul out and only small bits of paint were removed. For some reason, your paint doesn't appear to be bonding as tightly as it should.

You should confirm this on your own: - I've heard that ablative paint is best in that as it wears gradually, it is presenting new effective surface to ward off algae and critters

Meanwhile, try to use as little pressure as it takes to remove shmootz from the hull.
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
barkleydave
Site Admin

Re: Anti-fouling TriLux 33

Post by barkleydave »

I agree with joel. Sounds like a prep. issue. I pull mine for bottom every 4th season. The paint is worn but very little peels off from power washing. multiple coats of interprotect provides the proper foundation for 33

safe refuge

dave
1987 Marinette 29 FB Sedan
Retired Boat Accident UL and USCG trained investigator
Retired USCG Captain