Chrysler 318 reverse rotation roller camshaft

mgoblue9798
New poster

Chrysler 318 reverse rotation roller camshaft

Post by mgoblue9798 »

Anyone know if there is a vendor that makes a reverse rotation ROLLER cam? I would like to build a couple Magnum boat engines using the better heads and roller camshafts. I have seen reverse rotation magnum marine reman engines advertised and wonder if they use a roller cam or flat tappet. Thanks in advance.
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Re: Chrysler 318 reverse rotation roller camshaft

Post by Fastjeff »

Good luck! You might consider, instead, locating a trans that reverses the output shaft. If so, that would eliminate all kinds of RR problems for you.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
mgoblue9798
New poster

Post by mgoblue9798 »

Was there a reverse rotation trans for a small block chrysler avaialbe? In marinettes? What years? Thanks.
BTW I am waiting on some info back but may have a line on the roller cam. I will post info here if I confirm availability.
TinLizzy
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by TinLizzy »

ZF Hurth transmissions, which most models are full reversing, usually have the same bolt pattern as a velvet drive. I think the 63A model would be the one you would need. Then you could build your magnums both standard rotation and use the tranny's for the opposite rotation.
Rodney
1975 28 Express-Twin 350 Chevy's, SOLD
1990 32 Express--Twin Mercruiser 454 with Bravo I outdrives
Portage Canal Waterway-Upper Peninsula,Lake Superior