Shaft size converting to diesel

Fastjeff
Site Admin

Re: Shaft size converting to diesel

Post by Fastjeff »

Don't know about the rest of you, but I NEVER whack the throttle right to wide open on plane off; I ease the throttles forward a little at a time. Lot less stress on the entire drivetrain that way.

Jeff

PS: What fighter did you fly? (I'm not the only one who wanted to ask!)
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
fighterpilot
Tin star

Post by fighterpilot »

The F8 Crusader. Single seat, 1.6 Mach, and 499 "normal" carrier landings and 1 into the barricade due to loss of left main gear. With Vietnam coming on they put hardpoints under the wings and we also did bomber missions. I have carried every thing from rockets in rocket pods for flak supression to 2000 lb bombs during my 200 combat missions over Vietnam. But that is another story I would rather not talk about. 3 of my squadron mates' names are on the Wall. Understand the interest, however.

Maybe that explains full throttle to get going.
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

And what did you fly!

Inquiring (nosey) minds want to know.

Jeff (warbird lover)
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
fighterpilot
Tin star

Post by fighterpilot »

If you are asking fighterpilot again, see previous post to your last one. Thanks
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

Boy, am I stupid! When I saw where you wrote "Crusader" I was (not) thinking about those blue inboard engines!

What a dope.

Jeff

PS: Thanks for serving our country, and welcome back!