GLCI Shore power and ABYC standard E-11.11.1

ericinga
Aluminum Star

GLCI Shore power and ABYC standard E-11.11.1

Post by ericinga »

Has anyone upgraded the shore power system to be compliant with the new GLCI electrical standards? ABYC standard E-11.11.1?

Our marina is upgrading all dock shore power connections with GLCI compliant breakers. I have a sneaking suspicion that our vessel will require the addition of a ELCI panel and upgrades to the internal breaker panel.

I tested our AC circuits for leakage last year. None of them showed continuity leaks in the hot or neutral lines. However, the new GLCI circuits are supposed to be extremely sensitive and will trip with a very small leak.
Eric Spies
1989 32 SDFB
Twin 318s
Lake Lanier, GA
Marinette Boat
ddependo
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: GLCI Shore power and ABYC standard E-11.11.1

Post by ddependo »

Our marina has made the switch and no problems so far.
Wayne
1973 32 express fly bridge
Chattanooga
"Southern Lady"
bobfilms
New poster

Re: GLCI Shore power and ABYC standard E-11.11.1

Post by bobfilms »

HELP! I was in a marina in Knoxville and had no problems with electric. I moved docks and this dock has a new panel with new GFI breakers. Every time I plug the 30A cables in to the boat, it trips the GFI breaker. I have turned all AC breakers off and have the same problem. Even if I switch to Generator power, the breakers trip. My guess is that the old dock didn't have GFI breakers or they were wired differently. I know very little about GFI issues and really need some guidance. OR a marine electrician.

Thanks,

Bob
81 32' Marinette Fly Bridge
Twin Chrysler engines