Kicker motor

Things that are of general interest.
DougDoty
Tin star

Re: Kicker motor

Post by DougDoty »

ris wrote:We have a Honda 60 on a MacGregor sailboat with no mast, which is 26' long and 7.5' wide and weighs about 3500 lbs loaded. At 3000 rpm it pushes the boat 8 mph. It has a 14 inch X 9 pitch prop. Max speed empty with 2 people is 20 mph, loaded max speed is 12 mph. At 8 mph it uses 1 gph at max loaded speed of 12 mph it uses 5 gph. We did the great loop in 2016 on the MacGregor. Hope this is helpful with your question.

Richard
Very neat information, I have wondered this exact question after watching Macgregor 26 promo you tube videos on line.
1984 39 Marinette Sedan, " LIBERTY ONE " Warsaw KY, 440 chryslers, Westerbeke 9.0 kw , 1 3/8" shafts 93 1/4" long and 19x22 dyna quads or, 19x20 DQX's 38.5 MPH GPS best.
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

Man, those sailboat hulls really move easily through the water.

Always wanted to buy two, identical sailboats and build an OB power catamaran.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
ris
New poster

Post by ris »

If you ever put motor on a boat and plan to go slow do not buy E-Tech motors. E-Tech motors are made to run. There was a guy in a sailboat, and another guy who had a power cat who used E-techs on the loop and had problems as they did not run them fast, they traveled at 8 to 10 mph. The place where I bought my motor said not to get the E-tech but a Honda if I planned to travel at 7.5 MPH. They sold both motors.