No fuel

Things that are of general interest.
captjimjr
New poster

No fuel

Post by captjimjr »

What would cause no fuel after winter lay up, I've checked all shut off valve removed rubber fuel line to pump I've been wanting to replace no fuel at all in line. Could fuel pump be stuck some how? Other motor is fine. Water separater wasn't but half full either
1988 32`Fisherman
Twin 360`s
Curtice OH
honestcharlie56
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: No fuel

Post by honestcharlie56 »

get a hand pump bulb and see if you can pump fuel.
1990 Marinette 32 Sedan Flybridge "Hubba" Lake Charles, LA
Twin Chrysler 318's
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

Right. I use a Mighty-Vac for such purposes (and kept one on the boat! It's that usable.) Not too expensive and handy as the dickens.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
ddependo
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by ddependo »

All fittings need To be tight so it can't suck air. Check the rubber gasket in the top of water separator. You can put a vacuum gauge on fuel pump line to see if pump is sucking. Good luck.
Wayne
1973 32 express fly bridge
Chattanooga
"Southern Lady"
DougDoty
Tin star

Post by DougDoty »

Do the hand pump test and then if it flows you are looking at what is likely a fuel pump. if not you will have to start taking things apart and searching for a clog. I assume there is no chance you got siphoned over the winter ?? Sure you got fuel ??
1984 39 Marinette Sedan, " LIBERTY ONE " Warsaw KY, 440 chryslers, Westerbeke 9.0 kw , 1 3/8" shafts 93 1/4" long and 19x22 dyna quads or, 19x20 DQX's 38.5 MPH GPS best.