39 Sedan purchase & transport

Things that are of general interest.
shade2u2
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: 39 Sedan purchase & transport

Post by shade2u2 »

Busia wrote:I would see if there is a forklift or boom truck available. Faster and safer.
I'm working on that. I am trying locate someone to contract to do it. Just looking at worse case scenario.
John
1986 39 Sedan w/Crusader 454 & 1.92 drive.
former - '84 28 Express Hardtop w/single 360 1.5:1 drive (SOLD - now in Uruguay)
Ohio and Muskingum Rivers (Marietta, OH)
javalin390
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by javalin390 »

Hi John...once again, more than happy to give a hand. Lakevue Marina, where I dock, has a crane and a giant Cat forklift, Tony the owner, uses to remove the floating docks every winter ( he owns them, so they are always on the property). May even be able to provide a transient dock to use while you dis-assemble the bridge. We're in Marblehead, east of Port Clinton just on the other side of the Catawba Island peninsula. Give him a call, he may be able to help you. Their number is 419-798-5221
Jim Elias
1974 37' SedanFlybridge
Twin 360 Chryslers.
Marblehead, Ohio
shade2u2
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by shade2u2 »

javalin390 wrote:Hi John...once again, more than happy to give a hand. Lakevue Marina, where I dock, has a crane and a giant Cat forklift, Tony the owner, uses to remove the floating docks every winter ( he owns them, so they are always on the property). May even be able to provide a transient dock to use while you dis-assemble the bridge. We're in Marblehead, east of Port Clinton just on the other side of the Catawba Island peninsula. Give him a call, he may be able to help you. Their number is 419-798-5221
Thank you Jim. I may check with them also.
The haul-out and fly-bridge removal is tentatively planned to be done at Catawba Landing Marina. The trucker is close to this facility and has worked with them a lot in the past. The only issue I have with this location is they may prefer to hoist the fly-bridge with their travel lift while the boat is in the well. I'm not fond of that idea but will be speaking with them more.

I am still working on the fly-bridge re-install details at the Ohio River unloading point. The trucker will wait for me to install fly-bridge and then launch the boat at the ramp that is a mile from my dock. I've spoke with one individual that has a large forklift and is going to quote me to bring it over and move the fly-bridge into place. I think I don't want to move the fly-bridge by hand.
John
1986 39 Sedan w/Crusader 454 & 1.92 drive.
former - '84 28 Express Hardtop w/single 360 1.5:1 drive (SOLD - now in Uruguay)
Ohio and Muskingum Rivers (Marietta, OH)
hoohaah
Tin star

Post by hoohaah »

I am in Clay township next to Algonac call American Marine Transport at 586 789 0688 They can move your boat.
Better yet Run your boat around the lakes & down the Illinois river to the Mississippi to the Ohio river.
I bought my boat in Lake of the Ozarts In Missouri . Ran up the Illinois river to the Chicago barge canal. Very nice trip. I would wait till May to leave Better weather. I am taking my boat to Sagatuck in May Takes 4 days good weather & seas you are welcome to run with me, do the trip each year. Office # 586 725 0009 Wally
My boat has Twin Diesels & weighs 26,000 lbs its a 39 Marinette sedan 1985
ImageCaptain Wally
39' Marinette twin Volvo diesels
Docked on the Kalamazoo river in Saugatuck, Michigan
Name Miss Kris III
Great Lakes Docks & Decks with over 30 years in Marine Construction Location Algonac, MI