sign and glide

Things that are of general interest.
hightension
Tin star

sign and glide

Post by hightension »

anyone here use the sign and glide on-water towing by progressive. pros?? cons??
Rodney Hack
Louisville,Ky
1975 32' sedan flybridgehttp://www.marinetteboat.com/forum/ucp.php?i=u ... =signature#
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Re: sign and glide

Post by Fastjeff »

In the words of countless old, B & W movies, "Never houd of dem bums!"

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
coastie1160870
Tin star

Post by coastie1160870 »

Actually.. Yes, I did last August.. It started out badly.. I had smoke coming out of the engine hatch, so I called Tow-Boat US first, to get help underway, then I called progressive claims, ( after making sure everyone had PFD's, and the dogs were on their leads, and we had NO fire on board ) and that was the start of the problems.. The lady said she had a bad connection and could I get out and walk to a land based phone..! Well, after my 20 + years of sailor speak wore off, and my wife took the phone to confirm her request, T/B U.S. arrived.. Their dispatch contacted the correct person, and all I had to do was sign the towing bill.. It ended very well, and I still have progressive.. In fact, I just started an Auto Policy to couple with my Boat Policy..
As a side note, my shift cable was laying on the manifold and it smoked, and broke.. The tow Bill would have been $1250, without insurance.. And yes.. Had I not been a newbie, I could have limped home on one engine, as slow as they towed me.. It took tow-boat us 2-1/2 hours to go 12 miles..!
But as for the insurance, I had no problems at all, after I got out and walked on water to a better phone.! ( NOT )...smooth sailing
R.A. Campbell
32 Sedan-Bridge
260 Chrysler Twins
" KOKOMO "
shade2u2
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by shade2u2 »

When I got a quote from NBOA, who used progressive in Ohio, this tow coverage was $30/yr with $3000/yr coverage.
It look to me to be similar to Boat US's tow service.
John
1986 39 Sedan w/Crusader 454 & 1.92 drive.
former - '84 28 Express Hardtop w/single 360 1.5:1 drive (SOLD - now in Uruguay)
Ohio and Muskingum Rivers (Marietta, OH)