New members

Things that are of general interest.
marinetteman
Site Admin

New members

Post by marinetteman »

All,

If you are new to the site, or haven't been around much, we'd like to hear from you.

While sometimes it seems like a lot of us just chat, we certainly make room for all members. You are welcome here and we appreciate your joining.

We like hearing about - boat trips and adventures; about need help to fix it, and about fixing experiences even when they don't go well, and about any questions you have, and about what you enjoy. We don't mind hearing good stories about kids and family or weddings and tributes to friends. We like hearing about boat friendly places, marinas, and restaurants. Pictures of you and your boat are great.

While it's about boats, it's also about boaters.

Marinetteman Joe.

I wouldn't mind if you posted a hello to this post.
Thank you
37 Foot Sedan Twin EFI Crusader 350s
Admin (forum founder)
Marinetteman (marinettejoe) BigM
MustangCP3
New poster

Re: New members

Post by MustangCP3 »

Well thanks for having us "on board". We are in the process of selling some coastal Florida property in order to buy our first Marinette which we have done researching for the past 4 1/2 years in what we want. We have been keeping up with all the Mariniettes for sale but until we get our property sold we are having to hold that dream. Our plans are to definitely buy a Marinette between the 37 foot to 41 foot range. We really like the Marquis models.
We need a "condo" where my son will be living in the very near future of PCB Florida area. My wife and I want to start traveling about the waterways like Tom Bigbee Tennesse River in the fall then slip off to the Florida Keys for the winter months and also I promised a trip to Boston for one "East" coast run. This will be our "retirement" plans as we get closer to that age.
Back to selling that 8 1/2 acres on a scenic river in the Big Bend of Florida we had lookers and some bidders way too low in their bids. We have set our price "lower' below the market value but no one has been serious yet with money. So until then we are waiting.
I want an aluminum hull boat and Marinette fits our personal needs. I own an aluminum hull bass boat now and know the advantage over fiberglass which I never want to go back to.

This format is very helpful in our decisions and also any problems that we may have to foresee the day come. So for now this is where we stand, but the future holds that we are getting our Marinette one way or another! As you may know we will announce that day we make that purchase.
Again thank you all for having us here, it's been a bigger help than you can even imagines. Keep the post coming and I assure you as we have issues or make changes we will surely keep you all posted as well. We saw the value in this forum of information you all given.
Thanks
Charlie P.
shade2u2
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by shade2u2 »

This past weekend we just transported our new to us 1984 28 Express Hardtop from Lake Erie to Marietta,Oh. We dock on the Muskingum River at the mouth of the Ohio River. We relocated our other boat to Marietta last year as our daughter is attending Marietta College.
We've boated in Ohio for about 10 years on an 18' bowrider and a 27' cruiser (both Bayliners). Our new baby is a beautiful vessel that was completely gone over by Don at Marblehead,OH. About all mechanicals and electronics are either re-built or new. Some new items are... stern thruster, windlass, horns, A/C-heat, GPS, depth gauge, VHF, Stereo, TV, antennas, external filters, carb, distributor, water pump, battery isolator & switches, cabin enclosure, upholstery & curtains. He even took out all the teak to strip and oil it.
I look forward to discussing and learning from the experienced folks here.
John
1986 39 Sedan w/Crusader 454 & 1.92 drive.
former - '84 28 Express Hardtop w/single 360 1.5:1 drive (SOLD - now in Uruguay)
Ohio and Muskingum Rivers (Marietta, OH)
bill
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by bill »

BigM
:) Welcome aboard John. 8-)
bill
Former owner of
ALUMINATION
Grosse Ile MI
Located on LakeErie
37' F/B Sedan
Twin 360 Chrysler Marine
Raw water cooled
Hydraulic steering both helms
USCG Master Lic. Retired[/color]
Third Owner bill
marinetteman
Site Admin

Post by marinetteman »

Glad to have you, she sounds great and welcome aboard.
Thank you
37 Foot Sedan Twin EFI Crusader 350s
Admin (forum founder)
Marinetteman (marinettejoe) BigM