Hello Fellow Marinette owners

Things that are of general interest.
WeldZilla

Re: Hello Fellow Marinette owners

Post by WeldZilla »

First I would like to thank you all for welcoming me and my Marinette here. We are honored. I am now wondering if the original owner perhaps had the flybridge installed. Since it is a 72' and the flybridge is fiberglass. Either way its not important it is off now and I will deal with it later. Again I thank you all for the welcome

http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/WeldZilla/slideshow/

Lets see if this works.

WZ
WeldZilla
All things Aluminum!!
32ft. Marinette with add-on fly bridge
twin 318s (for now)
Vancouver Wa.
My Boats
http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/WeldZ ... g.html?o=0
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

Saw the pix on Photobucket. That fiberglass flybridge was kludged, not original. What a project!
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
WeldZilla

Post by WeldZilla »

Yes this promises to be a huge undertaking. I will post pics from cutting out the old and corroded too cleaning the catch-all cabin that is just chocked full of crap!!

WZ
WeldZilla
All things Aluminum!!
twin 318s (for now)
Vancouver Wa.
My Boats
WeldZilla

Post by WeldZilla »

Well no work on the boat yet as it is still in place I purchased it but, I did get the title transferred and the registration and licensing done today. So the State recognizes me as the legal owner. That's a start.
WeldZilla
All things Aluminum!!
twin 318s (for now)
Vancouver Wa.
My Boats
Docsnow
Tin star

Post by Docsnow »

WeldZilla now the Labor of Love on your Big BigM beings stay with it hope $$$$ last as long as that Big BigM has ;)

Norm

Big BigM Live On :D

Supersport18
Tin star

Post by Supersport18 »

Glad to see someone rebuilding one of these great boats. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to pics of your project as it progresses.
1986 Sedan Flybridge
Twin 318 closed loop
" Little Martha"
Traverse City,Mi
Hydraulic Steering (both helms)
Autopilot (both helms)
bill
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by bill »

BigM
WZ
Nice pictures. :shock:
Are you going to replace the fiberglass bridge with an aluminum bridge :?: :?:
If so are you going to fab it yourself :?: if so more pictures please. :D
bill
Former owner of
ALUMINATION
Grosse Ile MI
Located on LakeErie
37' F/B Sedan
Twin 360 Chrysler Marine
Raw water cooled
Hydraulic steering both helms
USCG Master Lic. Retired[/color]
Third Owner bill
shelbygt
Tin star

Post by shelbygt »

Welcome!
1962 Marinette 31' Express
Single Gray Marine AMC 327

1955 Feathercraft Deluxe Runabout
Mercury 500

1976 Saquaro Jet Boat
Ford 460
hoohaah
Tin star

Post by hoohaah »

Welcome, I have a 39 sedan, am also new to the forum . Great group of people to get & give good information. I am Trying to upload a picture of myself on the site & put a signature like some of the other members have? how do you do it???
Wally
ImageCaptain Wally
39' Marinette twin Volvo diesels
Docked on the Kalamazoo river in Saugatuck, Michigan
Name Miss Kris III
Great Lakes Docks & Decks with over 30 years in Marine Construction Location Algonac, MI
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

Let's see if I can help here:

SIGNATURE: Near top left of the screen, just under Board Index, is User Control Panel. Click on it, then the next page it leads to, click on the PROFILE tab. Then, you will see (left side) a button for edit signature. Click that. You'll get a page where you can enter your signature which will appear on the bottom of all your posts. It's been suggested you include your name (optional but it can't hurt), your boat/boat name, model, length, power, home port...and anything else that you think will be helpful to others especially when you are posting a question that depends on the boat characteristics.

PICTURES: to the left, just under the box where you write your post are two tabs, Options and Upload attachment. Click on the Upload one which will give you a box to browse to the place on your computer where you have stored the pic you wish to upload. Select the pic and click open. Important: the picture should not be more than about 50 kb in size. If you have a large resolution image, then reduce it first because the forum system will choke on images too large. There are lots of ways to reduce pix. One is a utility called Shrinkpic and you can research it on Google - space doesn't permit me to tutor on that here. If you have Photoshop, a basic built-in Windows or Mac Image Program, Paint = they can do the job easily. Resolution need be no greater than 72 dpi.

AVATAR: That's the postal stamp sized image a few members paste next to their name on their posts. Again, go to your profile and you'll see a button to get you to the place where you can put in an avatar. It shows the size requirements. The avatar can be a picture (you, your boat, your uncle Henry) or a logo that you've saved on your computer. I am guessing that it should be in jpg format but I am not sure about that.

Hope this helps
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD