Trailer question for 32 sedan

Things that are of general interest.
meapilot
New poster

Trailer question for 32 sedan

Post by meapilot »

Hello,
I am new to the site and new owner of a 1978 32 Sedan. I am going to trailer it back home. I have an adequate triple axle aluminum bunk trailer to handle the boat ( and truck to pull it!). I have attempted to locate the height needed from the top of the bunks to the top of the cross members on the trailer. As I am not close to the boat at this time, I can not measure it on the boat myself. I understand the draft of the boat , just gotten confused or dumbfounded or?? as to the height needed for the hull to rest on and not sit the keel on the cross members on the trailer.

Anyone know what this height would be or at least a good estimate to start from? I am going to try to go prepared just in case!

Thanks in advance.
Chris
Learned an almost overwhelming amount of information from you all in a short time!!!!
1978 32 F/B Sedan, Twin 318

TN River
yooper
Aluminum Star

Re: Trailer question for 32 sedan

Post by yooper »

I can measure that height when I go to my stored boat later today.
yooper
Aluminum Star

Post by yooper »

My tri-axle has bunks mounted directly on the top of the main I-beams. The are about 75 inches apart. The top of the bunks are 35" from the ground. The bottom of the keel is 21" high at its lowest point. Bunk to keel is 14" . After that it slopes up rapidly. The back of the keel is 24" high'. The rudder and props have 12" ground clearance well above the axles. The water line is 46" high. When finally fitting the boat the props have to be clear of the rails and bunks. The sling notch has to be correctly placed.
meapilot
New poster

Post by meapilot »

Thanks yooper!!!
I did get it on trailer and brought home. I got it to the house before I saw your post. Couple tries. 10,000 checks and rechecks, which turned out to be fine, it fit on trailer like a glove. Nothing to it really. I was over paranoid I guess.

Thanks again
Attachments
imagejpeg_201.jpg
1978 32 F/B Sedan, Twin 318

TN River