Water in my front compartment

Things that are of general interest.
Busia
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: Water in my front compartment

Post by Busia »

DougDoty wrote:My front and rear compartments are separated by the firewall in the engine area in my boat so I do not see any flow back and forth.
On mine there are notches in the ribs and stringers to allow water to drain down to the keel. Keep dirt out of these notches so the water is not dammed up. Water will flow forward when the boat is at rest and the bilge pump in the bow pumps it out. ( That is why the factory put a drain in the bow ) When underway, the water flows to the stern ( open the hatch and you can watch it ) One of the things on our list is to do is , as we leave the harbor is turn the bilge pumps on. The pump at the transom will pump the water out and I can watch it go overboard. When it stops we turn the pumps off.
BUSIA
located in Ketchikan, Alaska. Gods country
32 foot Marinette (no fly bridge)
twin 350 Crusader (Chev 350) engines
1:1 Borg Warner velvet drive transmissions
Closed cooling (antifreeze in the engine)
Proud to be retired IBEW and an A+P
javalin390
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by javalin390 »

One would be surprised at the amount of condensation M's produce inside, just like a cold can of beer on a hot day.
Jim Elias
1974 37' SedanFlybridge
Twin 360 Chryslers.
Marblehead, Ohio
DougDoty
Tin star

Post by DougDoty »

Just like a cold can of beer, quite the appropriate comparison. :)

My bilge water flows forward in both compartments, bilge pumps at low point of both, do not have one at the transom stern for when on plane, thinking of installing one.
1984 39 Marinette Sedan, " LIBERTY ONE " Warsaw KY, 440 chryslers, Westerbeke 9.0 kw , 1 3/8" shafts 93 1/4" long and 19x22 dyna quads or, 19x20 DQX's 38.5 MPH GPS best.