Choosing a paint color

Things that are of general interest.
Joe
Tin star

Re: Choosing a paint color

Post by Joe »

Hello, I painted mine with Awlgrip, Snow white and Jet Black. It is very very very bright white. Love it. In Awlgrip color code I think the Hatteras White is close to the orginal Egg White. Awlgrip is Bad Ass paint!!!! Make shure you understand their paint system very well before you start. Awlgrip is very,very expensive. And has little room for error. If you don't have to take it all the way to bare aluminum "DONT" As to the stripes I used the 3M yellow masking tape. I found it to work best. You need it to stretch, and bend a little and not tare. Doing stripes you will need a lot of tape. "DO NOT" remove the water line!!!! If you remove it completely it is almost impossible to get it back right." TRUST ME" Clean the water line edge and tape it very nice and paint the top edge , then remove the tape and ,and tape it again on the top , and paint the bottom, "NEVER lose the factory line . The top stripes you will need different size tape. 3" and 2" and 1" Use the rub rail and work down. I hope this makes sense Joe Buy the most expensive" TAPE" The cheap stuff will let the paint bleed through. dont get cheap here.
1988 sedan flybridge. Black / White. 318 240 hp Aluminum aft deck hard top. Louisville Ky . Tartans landing. " KNOCKEFELLERS"
MyWay
Tin star

Post by MyWay »

Can you post a pic of the black and white . That has been one combo that I keep talking about.
MyWay ( grandpa bought it and named it
Just trying to get it to a 4th generation)
32 SFB Holland,MI
TWIN 318's
Currently in Aurora Indiana
Lighthouse Point Yacht Club
newendeavor
Tin star

Post by newendeavor »

I used the Interlux Hatteras Off White 1991 ( there are two close versions). The Interlux Brightside is soft and easy to touch up and blends in well. Epoxy is almost impossible to repair. I raised my water line by about 2-3 inches which helps to hide the muddy river scum line as I like to stay in most winters. If the forecast for Sunday holds at 53 degrees and Sunny for Louisville we'll go out !
New Endeavor
1991 41ft Aft Cabin
Louisville,Ohio River
MyWay
Tin star

Post by MyWay »

You have a lot of water coming your way.
32 SFB Holland,MI
TWIN 318's
newendeavor
Tin star

Post by newendeavor »

Forcast for about 17ft, depends on how drift looks. May not be too bad as it's already gone to 23 ft, and maybe it has cleaned out the brush that ends up every fall thrown in our creeks. My Props are already bunged up and I usually pull in Spring and swop the spare set. Thanks for the warning but I really need a fix. We had about 1.6 inches down here.
New Endeavor
1991 41ft Aft Cabin
Louisville,Ohio River
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

While interesting, last two posts are off topic for this thread (paint color) - please put them in the correct department. thanks
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
Rockit
Aluminum Star

Post by Rockit »

Here's mine before and after a full blown paint job:

https://jnap.smugmug.com/Boats/1977-28-Marinette/

I wanted the nonskid to be a lighter blue and that would have looked fine. The darker color can be hot on the feet.

Good luck,

Joe
Joe Napoli
1977 28' Express
Twin raw water cooled 318s
Beaver River--near mile 25 on the Ohio
MyWay
Tin star

Post by MyWay »

Looks great!
32 SFB Holland,MI
TWIN 318's
Joe
Tin star

Post by Joe »

My Way I sent you a private message with my email address. I have pics butt to big for the sight. Easier to send them to you. Joe
1988 sedan flybridge. Black / White. 318 240 hp Aluminum aft deck hard top. Louisville Ky . Tartans landing. " KNOCKEFELLERS"
MyWay
Tin star

Post by MyWay »

Rockit did u do the paint your self?
32 SFB Holland,MI
TWIN 318's