Am i crazy???? Double cabin VS Marque

Things that are of general interest.
legendlc
Aluminum Star

Am i crazy???? Double cabin VS Marque

Post by legendlc »

So I have located a project 37 Double cabin that may or may have not been in the wrong side of the surface, not sure there. Some things say yes some say maybe not. Either way boat has been sitting for ages. Engines, gen etc are all unknown and doubtful working condition.
With that said and having restored a few boats in my past is the pain worth the gain here. Currently boatless and like the idea of not having a loan on a boat and rebuilding her the way I want. Intreguid by the aluminum hull and lack of issues down the road if taken care of properly. So I either need talked into or out of this project. A couple of questions are what what is a mid 80's 37 worth. I see pricing etc on yachtworld but I have a hard time believing they are bringing North of 40k these days. I hope I am wrong. Biggest question is if I am going to gut and rebuild what are the chances of getting a layout like the marque to fit in her hull? I love the queen forward berth and centerline aft with full head to the side. I can't find specs to help me. I'm assuming moving entire galley to port and moving head towards aft to make room in the forward cabin? Not sure the beam is sufficient for the aft centerline and head to port side either. I do not need all the lockers. They look nice but I will just tell wife to bring less or smaller outfits :D
Look forward to replys thanks
Last edited by legendlc on Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1978 37 Double Cabin
Lake Cumberland KY
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Re: Am i crazy???? Doible cabin VS Marque

Post by Fastjeff »

You're a boater, right? That means you're partly nuts to begin with It's part of the obsession.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
legendlc
Aluminum Star

Post by legendlc »

Jeff truer words were never spoken. Lol
1978 37 Double Cabin
Lake Cumberland KY
Leviathon
Aluminum Star

Post by Leviathon »

People question whether I enjoy working on my boat more than I actually love taking her out. For me it is my hobby, no golf, no hunting, - boating and working on my boat is my gig. Good luck!
Steve and Mary Levi
1973 32' Marinette Fisherman
SBC Crusaders
El Ohssa
St. Joseph, Michigan
balthaus
Aluminum Star

Post by balthaus »

1984 32' Sedan FB
Twin Chrysler 360's
1.52:1 Velvet Drives
Raw water cooled
Ohio River
legendlc
Aluminum Star

Post by legendlc »

Anyone have thoughts on layout changes mentioned in original post? Or specks for the 37 VS 37 Marquis?
1978 37 Double Cabin
Lake Cumberland KY
Tranquilo
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by Tranquilo »

My motto: "if it doesn't run, you should"

For a hobby, you will ALWAYS have something to do on ANY boat. Its better to start with one that works well and make it awesome. :lol:
2x 1973 28 Express - Single 318
New electrical panels, water system and velvet drive
Miami FL & Catawba OH
balthaus
Aluminum Star

Post by balthaus »

As far as I know the hulls were the hulls.
Only difference was the layout.
A few years ago there was a 32' Sedan FB with the "B" floor plan for sale here in Louisville.
The forward berth was rotated along the hull and included the space where the head was.
The dinette was removed and the head w/walk-in shower was put there.
That was the only factory "B" layout I have seen.
1984 32' Sedan FB
Twin Chrysler 360's
Raw water cooled
Ohio River
balthaus
Aluminum Star

Post by balthaus »

By the way if it is the one in Georgetown / Lexington KY then expect a big project.
I talked with them ( the wife actually) and she said it has been sitting for quite a while and not winterized.
She said someone was looking at it to gut and use as a playground....seems like that might have fallen through though.
1984 32' Sedan FB
Twin Chrysler 360's
Raw water cooled
Ohio River
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

..."People question whether I enjoy working on my boat more than I actually love taking her out."

That description could fit as well, but ONLY when the boat is in my garage. I had to go 90 miles each way to mess with my old boat, and that got old fast.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington