Outboard Motor Brackets

Things that are of general interest.
Rockxx
Aluminum Star

Outboard Motor Brackets

Post by Rockxx »

FYI
In the past, a couple of forum members had mentioned converting from inboard to outboard power. Checking Chattanooga Craigslist today and found listed, two stainless steel outboard motor brackets for $ 900.00 each or $ 1,600.00 for the pair. Factory made by Armstrong out of Florida. Gent had twin 225 Mercs mounted and went with three motors so changed mounts.
Says they're rated for up to 300 HP. Wouldn't think you could build stainless brackets for that amount..would've posted the link but not smart enough to know how.
Regards to all,
Rockxx
1972 28' express "Safari"
Single Chrysler 318
Center Hill Lake, Tennessee
javalin390
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: Outboard Motor Brackets

Post by javalin390 »

I Googled Armstrong outboard motor mount, and it comes right up. looks like it would be an interesting idea for a repower on a smaller M
Jim Elias
1974 37' SedanFlybridge
Twin 360 Chryslers.
Marblehead, Ohio
nonferrous
New poster

Post by nonferrous »

A while back, a member posted pic's of an outboard conversion. He said that it was working fine and seemed to make sense.
What he did was fabricate a mount that was incorporated into the swim platform without a lot of complications, it was very simple and looked strong. The pictures may still be on the servers someplace if you knew how to look.
This has always been in the back of my mind. The boats are built to last 100 years, but the Chrysler drive lines have a lifespan that gets harder and harder to keep happy, the older they get.
Think of the fuel and gear you could carry if the engine bay was empty
Intothemystic
New poster

Post by Intothemystic »

Looking for info on outboard conversion , aft cabin 39' with 454s want to loose big blocks shafts props rudders skegs add 3' transom extention with 12 ''' hi jacker ; will twin300 suzukis put me on plane and what rpm will I be able to back off to and stay on plane
Chuckthediver1
New poster

Post by Chuckthediver1 »

That's what I want to do any help is appreciated