Sunken 32`

Things that are of general interest.
honestcharlie56
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: Sunken 32`

Post by honestcharlie56 »

A quick update for anyone concerned. They applied the first coat which was supposedly some kind of acid wash/etching primer system. It looked pretty good after a quick sanding. We used interlux water tite to fair the bottom, which was a pretty good product to work with. That being said, it damn well better be at 59.95/unit. We then sanded the areas that were faired, wiped the hull and primed again with interlux 2000e. The interlux 2000e is an epoxy primer, as I'm sure you knowledgeable folks know, and also turned out to be a wonderful product to apply....very workable considering the ambient dry bulb and wet bulb temperatures. The first coat of bottom paint was applied per manufactures and marinas instructions. Literally wait for the last coat of interlux 2000e primer to tack and start applying bottom paint....super easy. The bottom paint we chose was Interlux Pacifica, again, went on very easy and coverage was great. Only bummer with the bottom paint is the 24 hr minimum between coats....sucks that I live 180 miles from the boat.

Anyone want pics...or will it bring back terrible memories. I think I've brought Fastjeff back to bad times before...so I hate to do it again. :)
1990 Marinette 32 Sedan Flybridge "Hubba" Lake Charles, LA
Twin Chrysler 318's
jralbert
Site Admin

Re: Sunken 32`

Post by jralbert »

go ahead with a selection of pix..they are always instructive. Aim, focus, shoot
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD