Need some advice

Things that are of general interest.
golfman

Re: Need some advice

Post by golfman »

This boat was in great shape for a 1967 but for me to bring her back to life might be more than I can handle. Wondering what would be a fair salvage price
and what should be the main things that other Marinette owners would need or want, maybe some of this great boat could live on though others. This area
has lots of big boats but no Marinette's for sale. Does anyone have any suggestion on a replacement boat assuming I get between $12,000-$13,000 for her.
The summer sucks already without a boat. Thanks George
Would send pics but don't know how
marinetteman
Site Admin

Post by marinetteman »

golfman wrote:This boat was in great shape for a 1967 but for me to bring her back to life might be more than I can handle. Wondering what would be a fair salvage price
and what should be the main things that other Marinette owners would need or want, maybe some of this great boat could live on though others. This area
has lots of big boats but no Marinette's for sale. Does anyone have any suggestion on a replacement boat assuming I get between $12,000-$13,000 for her.
The summer sucks already without a boat. Thanks George
Would send pics but don't know how

Check out the Marinettes for sale here and at John Alhouse's Marinettesforsale.com.

Not every boater should own a Marinette. Some marinette's as they aged, switched to pontoon boats as easier to maintain, and easier to board, and some bought new finerglass runabouts or bowriders. A couple I know bought a trawler to go up and down the coast.
Thank you
37 Foot Sedan Twin EFI Crusader 350s
Admin (forum founder)
Marinetteman (marinettejoe) BigM
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

Some times you have to walk away.

A case in point...As a kid we had a great summer cottage in Cape Cod. I could walk to where my hydro was tied up (and use it--at high tide). That was before the US Army Corp of Engineers built a hurricane dike that went right through our property. Bye bye house.

We SHOULD have walked away; instead, we had it moved to a lousy spot and never got it back into usable shape, or spent a single night there A total waste of money and hopes.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
barkleydave
Site Admin

Post by barkleydave »

You also have to figure cost of the salvage. Someone will have to cut and haul.
Lucky if you get 5 grand

Oh well hope u get a lot more.

Dave
1987 Marinette 29 FB Sedan
Retired Boat Accident UL and USCG trained investigator
Retired USCG Captain
golfman

Post by golfman »

Thanks for the thoughts I will keep in touch and let you the out come.
George
Rivetman
Tin star

Post by Rivetman »

OH NO!!!!!!! this is like loosing a friend or relative (lost a nice sailboat once to the deep blue). I'm no expert, but listen to the guys who know about these things. Let us know how this turns out as a leaning moment for us. If scrapping, please let us all know as many parts and pieces could "live on" in our special watery loves and we might be able to raise your $ value of any salvage towards a new floating friend.(Geeze, I hope you don't think this is ambulance chasing, it certainly isn't meant to be) Wishing you all the luck I know you deserve. My father, a lifelong boating man says.."There is always one more boat in all of us. It's just knowing or not knowing which will be our last".
Rivetman
1973 28FB Express "Whisper" on the hard @ Tucker Engineered Lumberyard Yaght Club and Reggae Bar...I dream of H2O, not gravel!
golfman

Post by golfman »

Still waiting on the insurance Co. They are in no hurry. If I can recycle some of this old boat to other Marinette's that would be great, if anyone needs parts off the 318s or the boat itself let me know.
ericinga
Aluminum Star

Post by ericinga »

Where are you located?
Eric Spies
1989 32 SDFB
Twin 318s
Lake Lanier, GA
Marinette Boat
golfman

Post by golfman »

St Charles MO
marinetteman
Site Admin

Post by marinetteman »

golfman wrote:Still waiting on the insurance Co. They are in no hurry. If I can recycle some of this old boat to other Marinette's that would be great, if anyone needs parts off the 318s or the boat itself let me know.
Are you totaling it. In general most insurance adjusters won't let you strip the boat.
Thank you
37 Foot Sedan Twin EFI Crusader 350s
Admin (forum founder)
Marinetteman (marinettejoe) BigM