A Giveaway with a catch (two catches)

Things that are of general interest.
jralbert
Site Admin

A Giveaway with a catch (two catches)

Post by jralbert »

I am slowly (excrutiatingly slowly) downsizing. This afternoon's target was the stack of magazines in my office.

Discovered some back issues of the wonderful boat maintenance magazine called DIY, The Marine Maintenance Magazine. It was independently published for years until Boat US/West Marine bought it and then folded it, meshing the content with its own magazines and online content.

I have four issues from 1999 with lots of articles pertinent now. Richly illustrated, these articles provide step by step instruction to tackle a variety of projects. Of course, some pertain to fiberglas boats and or sailbopats but there's lots here to see. Titles such as "upgrading exhaust systems," install an air conditioning system,"controls for DCcharging,"engine shaft seals,"install a fuel flow meter," "repack a stuffing box,"how to install gen sets." And more.

The two catches... send ten (tax deductible) bucks ...plus what you would reimburse me for the postage (they will be sent cheapest way)...to the Red Cross or any other legit organization helping the Louisiana flood victim. Proof of donation to me.

I'm: jralbert37 at gmail dot com
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
Busia
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: A Giveaway with a catch (two catches)

Post by Busia »

They would be eligible to be mailed book rate which is cheap but slow. And I have 100 lbs of airplane, boat, and gun mags that I need to go through. And my computer remembers me (maybe because I spend so much time with her) make sure you have your cookies enabled.
BUSIA
located in Ketchikan, Alaska. Gods country
32 foot Marinette (no fly bridge)
twin 350 Crusader (Chev 350) engines
1:1 Borg Warner velvet drive transmissions
Closed cooling (antifreeze in the engine)
Proud to be retired IBEW and an A+P
jralbert
Site Admin

Re: A Giveaway with a catch (two catches)

Post by jralbert »

Thnx. Aware of book rate. Cookies enabled
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD