Suggestions for storage and bottom painting in Kentucky or area

Things that are of general interest.
Aquaholic
Tin star

Suggestions for storage and bottom painting in Kentucky or area

Post by Aquaholic »

My wife and I are planning to cruise this coming July/August from our home on the Muskingum River in Southeast Ohio down to somewhere in the Lake Barkley/Kentucky Lake area. We could be swayed into shortening that trip distance if a good option for long term (10-11 months) of hard storage along with a good reccomendation for a bottom paint job could be identified. We have a 1989 Marinette 32 Sedan Flybridge that I want to have the bottom brought down to bare aluminum and painted up appropriately. I do have what I believe to be some minor pitwell.on the hull that will need repaired as well.
Looking for suggestions from felow Big M owners in these areas on places that can accommodate both service and storage at competive price. Any help is appreciated.
Aquaholic
1989 32 Marinette Sedan "Aquaholic"
1973 28 Marinette Express "Easy Does It"
McConnelsville OH
Muskingum River
bcassedy
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: Suggestions for storage and bottom painting in Kentucky or area

Post by bcassedy »

For storage in the Cincinnati area, I'd recommend Rivertowne Marina.
http://www.rivertownemarina.com/pricing ... -regs.html
They have a good outdoor storage area and you can contact Bill at 513-533-3000 and arrange placement in an area that will allow for sand/soda blasting of your boat's hull and painting. I'll be going to the boat next week and will see what recommendation there may be for a sand blaster and painter. I live in the area and painted the bottom on our boat over the course of several days so I can't immediately offer a painter's name.
I can recommend PC-11 epoxy filler for any pitting. It's formulated for water immersion and adheres great to the first coat of epoxy primer that you'd want applied immediately after blasting.

Bill
Bill & Sharon Cassedy
"Sunset Seeker"
'88 32' Sedan Bridge to be sold (updtd 1-1-22)
"Sunset Seeker Too" (SS2)
'88 41' Marquis hardtop. (as of 1/1/22)
Located in Aurora, In.
Always fresh water.