New sliding door hardware

Things that are of general interest.
johnsomb10four
New poster

New sliding door hardware

Post by johnsomb10four »

Has anyone gotten tiered of the origional crappy door hardware and found a good upgrade for it yet?? I have been looking at some of the good machined aluminum tracks and carriages that sea ray uses, and some others.... looks like i cant get them in 8' lenghs, but maybe 2 4' lengths. then slightly cut down doors, and bolt on new hardware....

out in the swells the origional doors have just been a pain in the ass..
bill
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: New sliding door hardware

Post by bill »

You got that right. :roll: The screen doors are right behind that crappy natolux covered plywood mistake! :shock:
bill
Former owner of
ALUMINATION
Grosse Ile MI
Located on LakeErie
37' F/B Sedan
Twin 360 Chrysler Marine
Raw water cooled
Hydraulic steering both helms
USCG Master Lic. Retired[/color]
Third Owner bill
johnsomb10four
New poster

Post by johnsomb10four »

out here in oregon on the columbia and pacific we dont have bugs, so the sliding doors went a long time ago. Now to find good tracks and hardware for the doors
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

..."The screen doors are right behind that crappy natolux covered plywood mistake!"

Well said! Why they did that--when everything else is aluminum--remains a mystery to me.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
yooper
Aluminum Star

Post by yooper »

I had to take my "patio" doors out to fix them. Mine have an adjustment screw that move the whole bottom frame up and down. I had to unscrew a lot of metal door framing to get them out. Once out I was able to soak the parts with break free oil. The mech is a wedge and bolt - very heavy duty - but prone to dirt and rust. The second improvement was made by the prior owner. He mounted a simple little gate bolt to the upper corner of the door and drill several holes in the underside of the upper door frame. You can lock the door from the inside so it wont swing back and forth when underway. I like those doors.
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

On this vein, does anyone know for sure how to get new rollers for the sliding glass doors on a 32 footer? Mine are shot and scrap more than roll. I'd gladly replace them IF I had new rollers ready to go on. (Having the doors off while trying to find new ones is not an option!)

Thanks.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

Blaine Windows in Silver Spring MD has a huge variety of door and window parts. Makes HD & Lowe's selection look puny. If you could somehow take off roller and send it to them, I'm virtually certain they have it. They are who I used to use for all my door/screen work

2410 Linden Ln, Silver Spring, MD 20910
(301) 565-4949
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

..." If you could somehow take off roller and send it to them, I'm virtually certain they have it."

That's my problem; the doors would have to be off the entire time.

Jeff
moore2it
New poster

Post by moore2it »

Our rollers are probably shot but also the aluminum tracks are worn down. Does anyone know where to find the tracks that the Solon door is supposed to glide on?
moore2it
New poster

Post by moore2it »

That should read Salon sliding door tracks... Thanks!