GGB muffler inserts

Things that are of general interest.
Seanik
Tin star

GGB muffler inserts

Post by Seanik »

The 318's on my 1988 28" M express seem to be getting louder under the hardtop. I thought about replacing the veritone mufflers but looks way to difficult to access them, probably lifting the deck to do the job right. I found these as an alternative, GGB Inserts, they are attached SS rings that are inserted into the transom exhaust tube, not supposed to create back pressure or lower efficiency. I called the manufacturer in Canada to get size recommendations and after a long phone conversation I am quite confident they will work and ordered a set. I will report on the inserts after the spring launch. Anyone with experience on these inserts or comments welcomed.

Seanik
1988 28" Express
Twin 318's 240 hp
Erie Pa
Proud U.S. Army Vet
honestcharlie56
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: GGB muffler inserts

Post by honestcharlie56 »

awesome, please let us know how you like them!!
1990 Marinette 32 Sedan Flybridge "Hubba" Lake Charles, LA
Twin Chrysler 318's
tundrarules
Aluminum Star

Post by tundrarules »

Did you get them installed? When you do take a video so we can see how they sound. I may be pulling my mufflers soon. Real interested.... :mrgreen:
1985 29 Sedan
Edelbrock 1409 carbs
Mallory distributors
Pertronix Flame-Thrower coil & wires
780 hrs/eng
TN River, MM 213.8

:mrgreen:
Aquaholic
Tin star

Post by Aquaholic »

Bringing this older thread back up. Our 1973 single express is WAY louder than our 32 twin sedan. I’d like to quiet down ‘Easy Does It’ so that I can hear my wonderful wife and others aboard when cruising at 12-15mph. Anyone have input on these devices that were talked about? Do they work? Or, are there recommendations for replacement mufflers that would be quieter?
Aquaholic
1989 32 Marinette Sedan "Aquaholic"
1973 28 Marinette Express "Easy Does It"
McConnelsville OH
Muskingum River