37 sedan flybridge removal

Corrosion, Paint, Through Hulls, etc.
fighterpilot
Tin star

37 sedan flybridge removal

Post by fighterpilot »

Can the flybridge on the 37 be removed or is it welded in place? Would think when delivered from the factory, flybridge wasn't in place to facilitate hauling over land, but if so, could have been welded in place later on or not?? Considering hauling home overland as alternative to the Tombigbee challenge. I have had two hauled before but flybridges were pretty simple to remove, so know this one would be more of a challenge if doable. Without removing the flybridge, but with everything removed down to the dash/helm/controls etc, believe height still too tall. I don't know what the height is, haven't found any measurements for above described configuration, and even with bridge clearance number don't know where that top measurement is located. Top of windscreen, maybe?? If I had that number could add draft number and some nominal number when on a trailer and get some idea. Anyway, thanks for all the help on this forum. Should know by the end of the week if offer accepted. It should be, it is what the owner wanted.

Curious why boat isn't in Parker and McKnew books. I have 7 different books by them that covers the time frame but no Marinette 37. Hmmmm.?
jralbert
Site Admin

Re: 37 sedan flybridge removal

Post by jralbert »

As an aside, someone of the forum recently had experience transporting long distance. You may wish to research the thread here. I think he was going from Annapolis to Texas so key on Annapolis and see if that helps.
The 32's were bolted and I can't think of why welding would have been used. The advice always has been that when disassembling, mark every blessed wire for easy re-attachment.
If FB is removed, ht would be to top of cabin roof (w/FB secured on the front deck). I would think you need measurement from keep to roof. The hauler can supply their own dimensions to add/subtract from ht,
Good luck with project
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
newendeavor
Tin star

Post by newendeavor »

I had 1991 41ft transported from DC to Louisville and my Bridge unbolted and was laid on the Bow with heavy pads. All the factory work was well marked and easy to reattach. But all after market stuff, radar, stereo, plotter, Marine radio had the wiring cut and spliced with wire nuts. You can't do that with Coax and other Transmission system type wiring. It took me 2 weeks to repair !
New Endeavor
1991 41ft Aft Cabin
Louisville,Ohio River
bill
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by bill »

BigM
Hmmm.
I just did this measurement last week for a gentleman who phoned me.
My 37' FB /Sedan was on the hard.
Top of windshield to bottom of keel. 13'-11"
Windshield removed to bottom of keel 13'-3"
Top of cabin to keel 10'-6"
Widest part of beam 13'-1"
Hope this helps.
bill
Former owner of
ALUMINATION
Grosse Ile MI
Located on LakeErie
37' F/B Sedan
Twin 360 Chrysler Marine
Raw water cooled
Hydraulic steering both helms
USCG Master Lic. Retired[/color]
Third Owner bill
javalin390
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by javalin390 »

Yes, this topic has been covered, and the bridge of a 37' comes off. Mine was transported over land by the previous owner and I do believe the seat pedestals have to be removed as well.
Jim Elias
1974 37' SedanFlybridge
Twin 360 Chryslers.
Marblehead, Ohio
DougDoty
Tin star

Post by DougDoty »

I have my own trailer to move my 39 sedan, All loaded up and rolling with no bridge involved I was 13' 3" and my trailer is made like you would haul a fountain or 38 to 42' Baja so it is not as low slung as a good hydraulic hauler would be.
1984 39 Marinette Sedan, " LIBERTY ONE " Warsaw KY, 440 chryslers, Westerbeke 9.0 kw , 1 3/8" shafts 93 1/4" long and 19x22 dyna quads or, 19x20 DQX's 38.5 MPH GPS best.
legendlc
Aluminum Star

Post by legendlc »

Would the same height measurements be the same for a 79 37 double cabin?
1978 37 Double Cabin
Lake Cumberland KY
Chrysler440

Post by Chrysler440 »

Hi Guys,

Im looking to have my 37 flybridge trucked from New Jersey to Chicago. Can you recommend any good haulers that might be familiar within boat. I'll be (reluctantly) removing the flybridge.
Mike
37' Flybridge Sedan
Twin 440's

studio37peace@aim.com
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

Be DAMN sure you LABEL every wire you disconnect up there, and make a wiring diagram.

The boat came with labels, but they can fade away or get lost over time.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington