Suggestions for Marina / storage / bottom paint job in Kentucky Lake area

Corrosion, Paint, Through Hulls, etc.
Aquaholic
Tin star

Suggestions for Marina / storage / bottom paint job in Kentucky Lake area

Post by Aquaholic »

We are approaching the mid-way point (currently in Louisville with a 6hr wait to go through Cannelton Locks) of our 2017 Marinette journey.
As we make our way toward Lake Barkley/Kentucky Lake we are looking for recommendations for Marina / bottom paint shop / storage and/or docking slip for remainder of the season. Ideally, we would like to find a marina in the area that can offer all three of these services at a fair rate AND be experienced and good at the bottom paint job (down to metal/epoxy/paint). This winter, when we were planning, we had a recommendation of Sunset Harbor Hill and we did speak to them to get some ballpark figures. Any other recommendations from folks in this area? Thanks!
Aquaholic
1989 32 Marinette Sedan "Aquaholic"
1973 28 Marinette Express "Easy Does It"
McConnelsville OH
Muskingum River
barkleydave
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions for Marina / storage / bottom paint job in Kentucky Lake area

Post by barkleydave »

Best marine yard: Sunset Marina and Campground. couple of miles South of Kenlake State Park. (I have my bottom work done there they really know aluminum boats and do it right! Has full service yard and Dennis is great to work with.
Nice Marina in water slips and Trans. mooring with restaurant. Kenlake State Park
Nice marina close to town Grand Rivers: Green Turtle Bay. Complete marina services and slips
Moors Ressort: Trans. mooring and nice restaurant. Not sure about marine services.
Eddycreek Marina: Seasonal Restaurant, Some trans slips, Limited service no travel lift.

There are a couple of others but this is the main ones.

Safe Boating,
dave
1987 Marinette 29 FB Sedan
Retired Boat Accident UL and USCG trained investigator
Retired USCG Captain
Aquaholic
Tin star

Post by Aquaholic »

Thanks Dave. I spoke with Dennis at Sunset yesterday morning and believe that we are going with them. Reasonable verbal quote/recommended by a couple folks/also reasonable slip and storage rate. We appreciate your input.
Aquaholic
1989 32 Marinette Sedan "Aquaholic"
1973 28 Marinette Express "Easy Does It"
McConnelsville OH
Muskingum River
barkleydave
Site Admin

Post by barkleydave »

Do me a favor and tell Dennis that Dave G. the 29 Marinette owner from Eddyville, Ky sent you his way.
Thanks

safe boating,
dave
1987 Marinette 29 FB Sedan
Retired Boat Accident UL and USCG trained investigator
Retired USCG Captain