How to remove pump from wheel?

Corrosion, Paint, Through Hulls, etc.
legendlc
Aluminum Star

How to remove pump from wheel?

Post by legendlc »

My transport is picking the boat up on Thursday and I have very little time left to get all the wires and cables disconnected for the flybridge removal. I have all the railing loose and just need to get wiring and such loose. I read in a post here to not disconnect the hydraulic lines for the steering just remove the wheel and push the pump out is what I believe the post read. Is there any special tools or instructions for this? I have a 4 hour drive in the morning to try and make her ready to go before Thursday. I tried searching online but didn't seem to find any useful data.
Also if I have to remove the seat bases I think I understand I need to remove the headliner also? I assume that is removing the wooden strips and taking the headliner down?
Thanks for any advice.
1978 37 Double Cabin
Lake Cumberland KY
seef158
Aluminum Star

Re: How to remove pump from wheel?

Post by seef158 »

If the steering is similar to my seastar setup on my outboard checkmate you would remove the steering wheel and then there are probably a couple of fasteners that hold the help pump to the dashboard/bulkhead.
1972 28' express single 318, working on getting the bugs worked out.
forest lake, mn
Duluth, mn
Washburn, wi
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

Sorry if I have this recollection wrong, but the mfr of the steering system may be Hynautic. Call them for quick, accurate advice. Also, don't recall anyone ever posting that seat base or headliner must come down.

good luck with this big project
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
legendlc
Aluminum Star

Post by legendlc »

Great thanks I was reading and seeing videos of having to use a puller tool to remove the pressed on wheel off. Just making sure I had the correct info.
1978 37 Double Cabin
Lake Cumberland KY