Radar arch install

Corrosion, Paint, Through Hulls, etc.
ukester
Tin star

Radar arch install

Post by ukester »

I have a 39ft sedan and wondering if any one has installed a radar arch? How hard is it and what make was used.

Thanks Mark
mark ucakar
bill
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: Radar arch install

Post by bill »

BigM
Mark,
I installed one on my 37', you can see it on the Marinette Facebook site. It was a big job for me and my three helpers. I originally had John Althouse come down and measure for an aluminum arch like the ones that came from Louisville KT . I sure hope John is doing better. The price was more than I could afford at the time. :shock:
I ended up buying an aluminum tube radar arch off of a 45' Harley power boat that was located in Ft Meyers. I flew down to Sarasota, rented a Uhaul Pickup truck, drove to Ft. Meyers, paid the owner $125.00 and loaded it up and took it to my Bradenton Condo. Stored it in the living room until I went down in the fall with my Mercury Mariner. Made up a wood fixture to support it on the roof rack of the Mariner. Drove back to Michigan in the spring with the arch on the roof. Gotta a lot of strange looks on the way back. :lol: After I got it home, I had to add 4 'of extra length for the arch to look good. Did a lot of measuring. Hired a good welder.. :!:
Measure twice cut once. :P I probably have around $500. tied up in the arch. Of course the labor was free. Real labor of love. :mrgreen: I installed the radar array, tv antenna and VHF antenna on the arch.
bill

ps Mark could you plz add a signature :?:
Former owner of
ALUMINATION
Grosse Ile MI
Located on LakeErie
37' F/B Sedan
Twin 360 Chrysler Marine
Raw water cooled
Hydraulic steering both helms
USCG Master Lic. Retired[/color]
Third Owner bill
Supersport18
Tin star

Re: Radar arch install

Post by Supersport18 »

http://www.atlantictowers.com/new_index ... 7Aod_REAbw

These are pretty good. My cousin has one on his Carver and I was impressed with the quality and fit.
1986 Sedan Flybridge
Twin 318 closed loop
" Little Martha"
Traverse City,Mi
Hydraulic Steering (both helms)
Autopilot (both helms)