'37 Dual Cabin Flybridge Seat Post Removal

Corrosion, Paint, Through Hulls, etc.
l98ycar

'37 Dual Cabin Flybridge Seat Post Removal

Post by l98ycar »

The left seat on my flybridge wobbles - the post moves in the base on the floor (was able to get the seat side tightned up). How do I remove the post? It moves but I cannot pull it out. I would actually like to add a few inches to all of the bridge seats by changing out the post's - has anyone done this? Thought about trying to remove the base but cannot turn the screws on the bases either and was worried that they may be through bolted.
Scott
1978 Marinette '37 Dual Cabin
440 Chryslers
RBrown
Tin star

Re: '37 Dual Cabin Flybridge Seat Post Removal

Post by RBrown »

Scott,

The bases are through bolted. The post should not spin in the base. To get more height in your seats you can add a spacer between the seat bottom and spider. You could also add a spacer between the floor and seat base.

Rob
1986 39' Marinette Double Cabin
Misty Blue
350 HP. Crusaders
Home Port: New Buffalo, MI.
l98ycar

Post by l98ycar »

The post does not spin in the base but it wobbles - I need figure out how to tighten that up first. Shimming the seats up 2 inches seems like an akward solution - might end up going there if there are no taller posts available but I still need to remove the post from the base.

Thanks
Scott
1978 Marinette '37 Dual Cabin
440 Chryslers
Roger2
Aluminum Star

Post by Roger2 »

How about filling base with something like 4200, 5200?

Roger
"Sea Jay" a 37' Double cabin with twin factory Volvo diesels, 230 HP each. Twin Disk 1.54 Trans turning DynaQuad 19X21 props.
Roger Brown
Petersburg, IL
Joe
Tin star

Post by Joe »

When I had my 32 apart the post was swedged to the base. It does not come apart. The factory through bolted the base. Real pain to remove.The head liner is a real pain to remove. When I put it back I used rivnuts. If you only have a problem with one. I would drill the heads of the screws off. then puts rivnuts in. Joe
1988 sedan flybridge. Black / White. 318 240 hp Aluminum aft deck hard top. Louisville Ky . Tartans landing. " KNOCKEFELLERS"