My Second 28ft Marinette (twin engine 318) enclosed cabin

Corrosion, Paint, Through Hulls, etc.
MarinetteBud
Tin star

My Second 28ft Marinette (twin engine 318) enclosed cabin

Post by MarinetteBud »

Well....Wife was not too impressed with the condition of the first 1973 28 footer and I myself wondered about controlling a single screw in tight places / marinas.
So.... I did a little more looking around and found this 1979 model and made a deal on it:
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... oEkDvkrKM9

I save enough on the deal to have it shipped home for FREE and sure hope it pleases the little lady. It is supposed to be "turn key" and well cared for.
It was only in Fl. 2 years, brought down from Mi. I sure hope it's as good as they say it is. OR....A fool and his money are soon parted.

OMG! What have I done?

Old boats...Hobby or metal illness?
Bud
1973 28' Marinette Express Cruiser single 318 engine
Leviathon
Aluminum Star

Re: My Second 28ft Marinette (twin engine 318) enclosed cabin

Post by Leviathon »

Looks like a nice looking vessel. I did the same this Fall. Owned a 28 single that everyone complained because it was too rocky in rough water and tough to control with a single screw. I, however, have not told any of the family and will try and keep my secret until boating season. Purchased a 1973 32' Fisherman 2 x 360. Oh, and need to get rid of my 1968 single - fast!

Yours looks like much of the work has been done - nice boat
Steve and Mary Levi
1973 32' Marinette Fisherman
SBC Crusaders
El Ohssa
St. Joseph, Michigan
bcassedy
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by bcassedy »

She looks good! Should have no problem selling the "Admiral" on it.
Bill
Bill & Sharon Cassedy
"Sunset Seeker"
'88 32' Sedan Bridge to be sold (updtd 1-1-22)
"Sunset Seeker Too" (SS2)
'88 41' Marquis hardtop. (as of 1/1/22)
Located in Aurora, In.
Always fresh water.
MarinetteBud
Tin star

Trailer? for 28ft Marinette (twin engine 318) enclosed cabin

Post by MarinetteBud »

Can anyone tell me how wide the bunks need to be for a 28' twin engine? My bunks on my single engine are 61" between and 14" ahead of transom.
I need to know ASAP the delivery is coming soon.....I need a trailer ready to pick it up from the marina.
Thanks
Bud
shade2u2
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by shade2u2 »

Just an FYI... My single engine 28 has a stern thruster that makes it maneuver very well. I don't think it's very complicated or expensive unit.
Something to consider.
That 79 looks nice.
John
1986 39 Sedan w/Crusader 454 & 1.92 drive.
former - '84 28 Express Hardtop w/single 360 1.5:1 drive (SOLD - now in Uruguay)
Ohio and Muskingum Rivers (Marietta, OH)
MarinetteBud
Tin star

Post by MarinetteBud »

Well, got the 79 delivered last Thurs, an extra $200 delivery fee (hotel stay) Late pickup, Marinas fault. Oh well...Why chance a last min Cancel over it.
I got in a couple of test rides in before winterizing last night. Did better at first.... then likely fuel issues caused one engine to fail off and on.
The boat is in good condition for it's age....But needs some help and TLC.
The photos did not show the new paint job problems. Lots of bubbling under the paint in some areas and a couple cracked windows.
Anodes are 99% spent.....
Picked it up from my local marina yesterday and got it on my 3 axle alum trailer now.
Plenty of winter work and upgrades to do.
I like the enclosed cabin...
Love the way the boat controls with twins, don't love the fuel consumption it will have over a single eng.
Like the salon's easy access to lower level from helm over the door & hatch system the first open cockpit boat had.
Love the remote windless control. Don't love what the wet rope has done to the "rope locker"
Direct black water discharge will need to be addressed for Inland lakes and rivers...
More "Marinette" learning curve ahead....
Bud