Broken Flybridge Throttle Control

Engines, Shafts, Steering, Struts, Rudders, etc.
weybug
New poster

Broken Flybridge Throttle Control

Post by weybug »

Hello,

Had my Marinette 32 out this weekend and the Port throttle control on Flybridge went slack. Got her back to the slip and found that a metal bar on control had broken. Obviously this has been broken and repaired in the past.

Couple of questions.

1 - Anyone know a source for replacement parts like this?

2 - Can I move the Shifter/Throttle control from the inside to the Flybridge? They look identical, but does the Flybridge work through the interior control?

Considering just attaching cable to back of controls and working throttle backwards. Until I can find a part anyway.
GB49
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: Broken Flybridge Throttle Control

Post by GB49 »

I know from my own repairs that the 80's Marinettes use Teleflex cables. The model number is stamped on the plastic sleeve.

The bridge is connected to the lower helm control. On that same lower control there is another (shorter) cable that runs to the carb. You will need to replace the cable that connects the bridge to the lower helm. Moving the inside cable to the bridge will leave nothing connected to the carb and it will be too short to make the run to the bridge.

This is assuming the cables are factory and have not been replaced by a previous owner with a different length.

-Karl
1986 Sedan 32'. Twin Chrysler 360in^3, 275hp.
Forum member since 1998.