engine swap

Engines, Shafts, Steering, Struts, Rudders, etc.
barefoot99
Tin star

Re: engine swap

Post by barefoot99 »

Not on plane, just cruise slow around TVA lakes. I'll check RPM and speeds this weekend. On and off plane.
Yes I do have tabs and I seem to keep the bow pushed down more often than up.
SUP !
1982 32 Sedan FB
2269 hrs
360's-Edelbrocks, DUI
Raw water cooled
Norris Lake
Speedwell,TN.
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

There's a trick to trimming these boats (and it took a while for me to figure it out). You need a GPS to start with for your speedometer, then run in a dead straight line as you play with the trim. A surprising amount of bow down made mine run the fastest. Oh, and don't let river current (or etc.) trick you.

Once you figure out your best speed, see which railing post the wake is coming off the bow at and set the trim there (at least initially).

Jeff

PS: You need to be patience with each adjustment, waiting for the boat to react, which can take 1/2 a minute.
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
Harryb
Tin star

Post by Harryb »

When you talk internal and external balancing can I just buy 360 flywheels and harmonic balancers to put on the longblocks or do the entire rotating assembles need to balanced together at the time of re-manufacturing thanks
1987 32 f/b sedan with twin 318's Docked on florida's nature coast
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

The flywheels and dampers for 360s are interchangeable (ie, the rotating assembly is NOT balanced together at assembly).

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
Trowerpower
Aluminum Star

Post by Trowerpower »

I know Barefoot99 and his boat. S ' up planes at about 2300 to 2500 rpm. He (we) cruise at 1500/1800 unless we are in a hurry.
Trower Power
1987 32ft Marinette Sedan Flybridge
Blue Sky
twin 392 Chrysler Stroker Motors
Performance Distributors
750 Edlebrocks
fresh water cooled
1.5 to 1 velva-drives
Onan 6.5kw gen set
Harryb
Tin star

Post by Harryb »

So the way it sounds 360's will slide right in place of the 318's. With the purchase of a couple of flywheels and harmonic balancers I'll be back in business, thanks for the info. Harry
1987 32 f/b sedan with twin 318's Docked on florida's nature coast