Run Dry blue impellers

Engines, Shafts, Steering, Struts, Rudders, etc.
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Re: Run Dry blue impellers

Post by Fastjeff »

I recall one of our members saying his impellers lasted over TEN years, and that he changed them just 'cause it was the thing to do!

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
tundrarules
Aluminum Star

Post by tundrarules »

After a little research, there seems to be lots of mixed reviews on the run drys. They aren't living up to their hype. I will give them a try next year.
1985 29 Sedan
Edelbrock 1409 carbs
Mallory distributors
Pertronix Flame-Thrower coil & wires
780 hrs/eng
TN River, MM 213.8

:mrgreen:
DougDoty
Tin star

Post by DougDoty »

This is an older thread but I bought a set of these as my spares 2 years ago and when it come time to cycle them into service I read current on everything I could find about how they were working out and the answer was poor in the real world. In the sail boat world of tiny engines and impellers they were real bad and those guys had nothing good to say about them. In the hot rod boat guys there were several reports of lower water pressure and no increase in life, a lot of those guys monitor pressure as their boats commonly come equipped with water pressure gages. They also indicated a very low satisfaction with Seirra impellers as well. I just bought original sherwood 10615's and brand new G7B pumps since I was having the diminished life getting worse every time I installed new impellers too. I think I am going to install water pressure gauges into my block drains when mine comes to life this season with everything new and take a note, I think it would be a great way of early identification of a failing impeller, maybe leave them installed in the engine room and visible with a center open hatch so I can peak at them once in a while.

P.S. Put a new impeller in a new pump as well !!! , mine were permanently folded over and had no rebound right out of the box. likely sitting in an assembled state for who know how long.

I got a new set new in the packages and no plan to use them.
1984 39 Marinette Sedan, " LIBERTY ONE " Warsaw KY, 440 chryslers, Westerbeke 9.0 kw , 1 3/8" shafts 93 1/4" long and 19x22 dyna quads or, 19x20 DQX's 38.5 MPH GPS best.