Well ...... About half way up to the fireworks mr. starboard decided to sputter out and stall. Boat full of people so we continued on with the port engine only. Got up there and anchored.Thanks Ron and Art. Did some simple checks but found nothing. Watched the fireworks which were amazing. After show ended I started up both engines.
Pulled anchor. Again thanks Ron and Art. and headed home @ 1800 rpms. Got into the Livingstone channel and decided to try to give it some gas. Starboard would not get above 2500 rpm at full throttle.
Decided to slow back down and continue at the 1800 rpm till we got home.
Ron suggested taking exhaust houses off and checking for delamination inside. Pulled all the hoses off, back to the muffler, when I pulled the muffler off I found the baffles inside had deteriorated and were hanging down. I took a razor knife and removed the baffles, Installed the exhaust hoses and muffler. Started up the engine and there was no noticeable noise increase. I did the same procedure on the pot engine
Ron and I are taking the boat out tuesday for a long ride.
I ordered two exhaust flappers for the out side exhaust ports, don't need any hydro locking.
Jeff, I installed the new Wells CR109 4 pin ignition modules using the dual ballast resistors. The four pin module does not use the ballast resister. The wire from the ballast resister going to the 4 pin module goes to the missing pin on the nodule.