Marine Air

Fresh & Waste Water Systems, Climate Control, etc.
bill
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: Marine Air

Post by bill »

BigM
i like this company.
http://www.flagshipmarine.com/
American made in Florida. ;)
You can use the heat while the boat is on the hard. :mrgreen:
bill
Former owner of
ALUMINATION
Grosse Ile MI
Located on LakeErie
37' F/B Sedan
Twin 360 Chrysler Marine
Raw water cooled
Hydraulic steering both helms
USCG Master Lic. Retired[/color]
Third Owner bill
DougDoty
Tin star

Post by DougDoty »

I installed HVAC in my boat that was never originally equipped and I choose and installed the Flagship Marine FM20R 20,000 btu unit with 2.2 KW of electric heat and it works great. it is the larges unti they make for use on 110v. I really liked the idea of having heat when the boat was out on the hard for being inside doing winter projects. Besides when the water gets cold the reverse cycles looses some effectiveness and adds a whole layer of complexity with the reversing valves that is not desirable or necessary for my needs. The pure electric heat runs very quiet too and because of this I do not revert to portable electric heaters in the winter like I have done on previous reverse cycle boats. The reverse cycle systems in warmer climates may be a good deal for efficiency with live aboard people as it draws less amps than pure electric heat I am sure, but the Flagship setup works great for me.
1984 39 Marinette Sedan, " LIBERTY ONE " Warsaw KY, 440 chryslers, Westerbeke 9.0 kw , 1 3/8" shafts 93 1/4" long and 19x22 dyna quads or, 19x20 DQX's 38.5 MPH GPS best.
barefoot99
Tin star

Post by barefoot99 »

Looking to change out our Ac this off season. Eric I believe you have sold your 28 that had the flagship unit. If not is it still running well ? I do like the system they sell. My only question is do I get an 18k or 16k for our 32. The original Cruise air has lost its effectiveness after 33 years. I like the electric heat also. Mine is currently mounted in the engine compartment with the blower in the wine cellar. I will install the new unit under the dinette aft seat for better airflow etc...
Any and all input is helpful, Thanks, Scott
SUP !
1982 32 Sedan FB
2269 hrs
360's-Edelbrocks, DUI
Raw water cooled
Norris Lake
Speedwell,TN.
bcassedy
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by bcassedy »

I replaced the old Cruiseaire unit with a 16k Marinaire (yep, it's spelled "Marinaire - diff co from Marineaire). I needed to fabricate a plenum to replace the original unit's plenum. A wireless module is mounted above the sink and remote control sits in its holder on the side of the lower console.
Unit's worked great. It has reverse heat which we used on our October trip this year. For short term winter work, would a ceramic heater fill your needs?
Bill & Sharon Cassedy
"Sunset Seeker"
'88 32' Sedan Bridge to be sold (updtd 1-1-22)
"Sunset Seeker Too" (SS2)
'88 41' Marquis hardtop. (as of 1/1/22)
Located in Aurora, In.
Always fresh water.
wolf
New poster

Post by wolf »

I just bought a 1966 26 foot express I am going to have to completely redo (the owner had stripped the inside, but the pieces were still there, but it's been sitting for over 12 years). It has two ac units. One has a water pump with a water coil with a condensing pipe in it, I had never seen one, and the other one looks like the unit on top of an ice box that is by the engine with tubes running to the bow of the boat to a cooling coil and fan, looks like a home ac unit set up without the heat part. Hope that might give you some ideas.
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

photos will help.

(if you have the duct work in place and space for a new unit, they seem fairly straightforward although it's one of those things that pro knowledge will make for fewer errors)
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD