Generator comparison-Westerbeke vs Kohler - opinions on

A/C & D/C Wiring, GPS, Radios, etc.
Roger2
Aluminum Star

Re: Generator comparison-Westerbeke vs Kohler - opinions on

Post by Roger2 »

Doug,
I would be very interested in the current sensors you used, as I have been thinking about doing similar, to have a separate solar power system at home.
Roger Brown
"Sea Jay" a 37' Double cabin with twin factory Volvo diesels, 230 HP each. Twin Disk 1.54 Trans turning DynaQuad 19X21 props.
Roger Brown
Petersburg, IL
bcassedy
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by bcassedy »

Last fall we finally got the 7.0 Westerbeke genny. Worked fine, but we found that the orientation was wrong. We're going to turn it around so that the intake port's forward and the outlet points aft (and will put it towards the back end of the boat..

The one consideration that we had was that the instrument panel needed to be forward. That made starting and turning off the genny a lot easier than it would have been had we orientated it the way we'll be doing. That final orientation will put the instrument panel aft of the engine access door in the salon of our 32' sedan. However, that won't matter now.

One of my winter projects was to build a remote instrument panel for the genny. Original remote starter panels and instrument panels are long out of production and finding one used is a wive's tale. :? So, armed with a schematic and an old picture of what it looked like, I took a stab at electronic manufacturing.

This is what I came up with:
http://manhattanharbour.com/Docs%20for% ... nnyPnl.htm

Bill
Bill & Sharon Cassedy
"Sunset Seeker"
'88 32' Sedan Bridge to be sold (updtd 1-1-22)
"Sunset Seeker Too" (SS2)
'88 41' Marquis hardtop. (as of 1/1/22)
Located in Aurora, In.
Always fresh water.
Roger2
Aluminum Star

Post by Roger2 »

Nice job!
"Sea Jay" a 37' Double cabin with twin factory Volvo diesels, 230 HP each. Twin Disk 1.54 Trans turning DynaQuad 19X21 props.
Roger Brown
Petersburg, IL