Options for LED lighting / conversion

A/C & D/C Wiring, GPS, Radios, etc.
Aquaholic
Tin star

Options for LED lighting / conversion

Postby Aquaholic » Sat May 27, 2017 7:18 am

One of these days I will learn to post a picture in this forum :-). I have a 1989 Marinette with the interior directional classic looking cabin lights above the windows on the sides. I was wondering if anybody has ever replace the bulbs with LED bulbs that work? Or options for replacement fixtures that are LED
Aquaholic
1989 32 Marinette Sedan "Aquaholic"
1973 28 Marinette Express "Easy Does It"
McConnelsville OH
Muskingum River

carl
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: Options for LED lighting / conversion

Postby carl » Sat May 27, 2017 8:52 am

I replaced all of the 12 Volt incandescent interior lights aboard my 1990 32' Sedan with LEDs. I installed six of the brass ones as follows: Four in the main salon, one over the dinette and I added a sixth one in the V-Berth. Purchased them at West Marine, pricey but I am really satisfied with the amount of light they put out and how they look. I had to remove the base with the on/off switch from five of them and install five push button remote switches to the side of the lights in the teak valance, as the brass bases were too large in diameter to fit on the teak bases originally installed by Marinette. The sixth light I was able to install with it's base and switch as it was a new installation in the V-Berth. Additionally I replaced all of the 12 Volt incandescent dome lights with LED dome lights, also purchased from West marine, three total as follows: one in the Galley, one in the Head and one in the V-Berth.
Attachments
PC220013.JPG
PC210002.JPG
108.JPG
1990 Marinette 32' Sedan Fly Bridge "IKOI"
Twin Crusader 350's (Closed Loop Cooling)
Bow to Stern Full On Restoration in Progress
Chickamauga Lake, Tennessee
A boat is always safe at shore, but that's not what its built for...

jralbert
Site Admin

Re: Options for LED lighting / conversion

Postby jralbert » Sun May 28, 2017 12:15 am

Your battery will thank you for installing LED's. Well worth the cost
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD