Fold Down Masthead light

A/C & D/C Wiring, GPS, Radios, etc.
ronmar
Tin star

Fold Down Masthead light

Post by ronmar »

Hello, I just purchased a 1990 32 Sedan Fly Bridge. Had it transported to Ohio River and lost the curved fold down mast light mounted just below the windshield on fly bridge. Anyone know where I can find a replacement? Also would like to know if this was a 225 degree or a 360 degree light as well as total height in case I can't find an exact replacement?
Thanks
1990 Marinette 32 Sedan
Marty D
Port of Cincinnati
martindesign
Aluminum Star

Re: Fold Down Masthead light

Post by martindesign »

It's a 360° so as long as it's higher than the windshield. Mines about 18" I think. Most marine suppliers have or can order them. Pretty universal.
Machanic, fabricator, carpenter, plumber, electrician, designer, hotrod builder and glutton for punishment. :ugeek: current boat; 1969 Marinette 32 express bridge 440's
Catawba Oh
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

Under 40', as I read the regs, your masthead light covers the 225 forward arc, the stern light, facing aft, covers the remaining 135 degrees so there's light visible all around. That forward light should come up higher than the windshield.

That said, we had a 360 light forward plus the stern light. It served as our anchor light as well. That's where it saw most service since we ran rarely at night. Too many crab pots for comfort in the Chesapeake Bay. Plus an increasing number of almost impossible to spot fish trap nets.

By the way, use only led lights for low battery drain. If I can come up with the name, we got our as a replacement to the 12v incandescent (from a company with the word Steck in it, as I recall). The light had several functions: On all the time, on dusk/off dawn, flashing slow/fast, SOS flash. The functions were activated with quick flicks of the light switch. It was quiet advanced for a circa 2000 product.

UPDATE: Here's the company and url: http://www.stecktronics.com/start.html
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
ronmar
Tin star

Post by ronmar »

Thanks for the replies
1990 Marinette 32 Sedan