Need to know where these wires go

A/C & D/C Wiring, GPS, Radios, etc.
ukester
Tin star

Need to know where these wires go

Post by ukester »

this should be the same on most boats-39ft sedan and I need to know where red w/white stripe wires go-dropped the panel down above the salon station and there are 3-4 wires that color that I have no idea where they go. Any help would be appreciated.

Mark
mark ucakar
jralbert
Site Admin

Re: Need to know where these wires go

Post by jralbert »

my eyes are rolling around - just spent 15 mins trying to find your answer in both the Chrysler engine manual and the Marinette owners manual. sorry, I couldn't find it. Most wiring is solid color, only a few w/trace and I couldn't see any R/W combos. May be an owner's special setup. Or specific to a piece of equipment like a GPD/chartplotter/spotlight.
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
GB49
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by GB49 »

If I'm not mistaken I have then on the 32 as well. Never found where they go. I think mine are yellow. I suspect they may run down behind lower helm or under lower helm to factory bus bars.
1986 Sedan 32'. Twin Chrysler 360in^3, 275hp.
Forum member since 1998.
Supersport18
Tin star

Post by Supersport18 »

I traced some wires out on my 32. One was yellow about a 10 gauge. The other was orange. They went to backside of lower helm and weren't connected to anything . Spares. I used one to power my radar and electronics. Marinette wiring is easy to wring out. Make sure you don't use the hull for your grounds. If you need more space on the ground bus, use a heavy grade jumper to a new bus. Do yourself a favor and use marine grade wire,not the stuff from the auto parts store. Especially if you boat on salt water.
1986 Sedan Flybridge
Twin 318 closed loop
" Little Martha"
Traverse City,Mi
Hydraulic Steering (both helms)
Autopilot (both helms)
GB49
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by GB49 »

Supersport18 wrote:I traced some wires out on my 32. One was yellow about a 10 gauge. The other was orange. They went to backside of lower helm and weren't connected to anything . Spares. I used one to power my radar and electronics. Marinette wiring is easy to wring out. Make sure you don't use the hull for your grounds. If you need more space on the ground bus, use a heavy grade jumper to a new bus. Do yourself a favor and use marine grade wire,not the stuff from the auto parts store. Especially if you boat on salt water.
Ya, Yellow and Orange. Good to know where they go.

A good tool to use for wire tracing is a tone probe. It has saved me hours of manual wire tracing. Especially good for phone wiring.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Fluke-Networ ... /202290922
1986 Sedan 32'. Twin Chrysler 360in^3, 275hp.
Forum member since 1998.
ukester
Tin star

Post by ukester »

Fast jeff wrote
On my 32 footer (1985) one of the red/ white tracer wires goes to the indicating lights for the bilge pumps, the other goes to the hour meter
I have 3 of these coming out of the salon cabinet that sits above the steering station-so one might think that is where they are getting power from?

Thanks Mark
mark ucakar