Marine Radio

A/C & D/C Wiring, GPS, Radios, etc.
nascarjonb
Tin star

Marine Radio

Post by nascarjonb »

In my Grady White I have a marine AM/FM/CD/MP3 radio with removable head unit.... The boat i just bought has been restored but seems to be lacking in the electronic department.. The radio has a Cassette player and Im looking to find something that atleast has a good MP3 jack or even Bluetooth so that I may hook up my iphone. I have been looking at radios and as anything with marine on it seems to be double the price.. not sure what to do. does anyone have a non marine radio on their boat????

Also as a bit of info, the head unit is located in the cabin by the dinette...
1986 28 fisherman
twin chryser 360's
Marblehead, Ohio
Leviathon
Aluminum Star

Re: Marine Radio

Post by Leviathon »

I have a Dual Marine unit in mine and have been very happy with it. I think it is just one of those areas you stick with the expensive "marine" grade system and you don't have to worry about it. We also pay for XM, which is wonderful. Always have good tunes going on the boat.
Steve and Mary Levi
1973 32' Marinette Fisherman
SBC Crusaders
El Ohssa
St. Joseph, Michigan
nascarjonb
Tin star

Post by nascarjonb »

Is Dual the manufacturer or do u mean duel controlls, like one in the cabin and one for the bridge??
1986 28 fisherman
twin chryser 360's
Marblehead, Ohio
GB49
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by GB49 »

I've had an Aiwa CD/radio since 2001. It was made for the automotive market but works fine on the boat. Generally "marine" electronics have a clear coating on the circuit boards to help prevent moisture/corrosion damage.
If you are going to mount the radio on the open fly bridge, I'd consider a "marine" radio.
Inside the cabin should be just fine for non marine electronics.

-Karl
1986 Sedan 32'. Twin Chrysler 360in^3, 275hp.
Forum member since 1998.
Leviathon
Aluminum Star

Post by Leviathon »

Steve and Mary Levi
1973 32' Marinette Fisherman
SBC Crusaders
El Ohssa
St. Joseph, Michigan