more re-wire gutting updating cursing and drinking

A/C & D/C Wiring, GPS, Radios, etc.
railrunner04
Tin star

more re-wire gutting updating cursing and drinking

Post by railrunner04 »

Does anyone know where you can find 2 1/2 inch ID pvc to run up to the flybridge would like some more space in there for wiring and what not tried lowes and home dumpster with no luck wondering what's the best option thanks in advance
Moby Rick
FYC grosse ile mich
32ft F/B express
T/318 Chrysler marine
Busia
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: more re-wire gutting updating cursing and drinking

Post by Busia »

Most common PVC would be standard plumbing sizes. Plumbing or electrical warehouse will have two and one half inch PVC. It will be just over 2.5 inch ID . Other sizes would be for gutter downspout or central vacuum piping. Good luck, Ed
BUSIA
located in Ketchikan, Alaska. Gods country
32 foot Marinette (no fly bridge)
twin 350 Crusader (Chev 350) engines
1:1 Borg Warner velvet drive transmissions
Closed cooling (antifreeze in the engine)
Proud to be retired IBEW and an A+P
bcassedy
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by bcassedy »

Rick,
Would appear that standard Schedule 40 2 1/2" OD pipe has an ID of 2.445" ( http://www.harvel.com/piping-systems/ha ... dimensions). That's the "thick wall (plumbing) stuff. As you may have found, Lowes and Home Depot carry that in stock.

For just a raceway to route wiring / etc, then you could look at "thin wall". Ex. https://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?prod ... E-Class125
Your local plumbing or electrical supply folks probably carry something similar in stock.

Bill
Bill & Sharon Cassedy
"Sunset Seeker"
'88 32' Sedan Bridge to be sold (updtd 1-1-22)
"Sunset Seeker Too" (SS2)
'88 41' Marquis hardtop. (as of 1/1/22)
Located in Aurora, In.
Always fresh water.
EWRice
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by EWRice »

Did your boat originally have PVC? I have a 72 that has a thin wall alluminum pipe running from the cockpit floor to the ceiling. Then another short piece from the roof to under the flybridge dash. With alluminum pipe you could have the strength you need and a larger I.D. for a given O.D.
Muskegon Lake
1972 32' Express flybridge
"AL13"
Twin 318s
On board air & prime 920
1963 Thompson Super Sea Lancer
Graymarine 327
1961 Alumacraft 12'
'55 10hp Johnson
railrunner04
Tin star

Post by railrunner04 »

EWRice wrote:Did your boat originally have PVC? I have a 72 that has a thin wall alluminum pipe running from the cockpit floor to the ceiling. Then another short piece from the roof to under the flybridge dash. With alluminum pipe you could have the strength you need and a larger I.D. for a given O.D.
Well......in a word no the boat was originally just an express sans flybridge then some goof grafted on a fiberglass disaster that was a wiring nightmare a buddy from work had a 28 sedan and he removed the flybridge for reasons unknown that boat is an 84. I believe he kept the aluminum pipe. We used the pvc to rout the harnesses he gave to us so it's not original by a long shot but it works. Actually just finished cutting out holes for morse controls in a nice piece of cherry for the new helm
top i think we're going to end up going with a 2 inch inside diameter pipe with a slot cut into it for install purposes then box it in so it looks pretty just weighing options before committing to a method
Moby Rick
FYC grosse ile mich
32ft F/B express
T/318 Chrysler marine
railrunner04
Tin star

Post by railrunner04 »

bcassedy wrote:Rick,
Would appear that standard Schedule 40 2 1/2" OD pipe has an ID of 2.445" ( http://www.harvel.com/piping-systems/ha ... dimensions). That's the "thick wall (plumbing) stuff. As you may have found, Lowes and Home Depot carry that in stock.

For just a raceway to route wiring / etc, then you could look at "thin wall". Ex. https://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?prod ... E-Class125
Your local plumbing or electrical supply folks probably carry something similar in stock.

Bill
Thanks Bill I'll definitly look into that maybe online is the way to go like i said lowes was a bust as well as HD I despise these places it seems like if you don't want help five people climb up your butt but when you do its like your the last man on earth
Moby Rick
FYC grosse ile mich
32ft F/B express
T/318 Chrysler marine
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

Am I the only one who LOATHES electrical repair projects?

Probably not.

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
railrunner04
Tin star

Post by railrunner04 »

Fastjeff wrote:Am I the only one who LOATHES electrical repair projects?

Probably not.

Jeff
I dont mind them when it's square one but when your trying to figure out what somone else did and your finding wire nuts and wire clips and not one wire is routed or tied down and is only long enough to just barely make a connection i want to scream.... :cry: thankfully there's a cure for it i take great pleasure in ripping that stuff out and throwing it away :D
Moby Rick
FYC grosse ile mich
32ft F/B express
T/318 Chrysler marine