Marinette saves garage.

seef158
Aluminum Star

Re: Marinette saves garage.

Post by seef158 »

Thanks Jeff!
1972 28' express single 318, working on getting the bugs worked out.
forest lake, mn
Duluth, mn
Washburn, wi
Busia
Royal Aluminum Star

Post by Busia »

If you like the boat, and everything else is in good shape, I would buy it back from the insurance company . It looks like the only damage is to the cockpit and that would be easy to fix. You have a trailer, I would just take it to a good welding shop and have them push the roof back up and replace what is bent. New glass would be more expensive than the aluminum and the welding. Getting a match on the paint would be the hardest part, and I wouldn't worry too much about it. Easy thing would be to paint the whole cockpit, even a different color and it would look good. With the right paint and prep, you could brush it on and get a good result. Much less work than parting it out. Good luck, Ed
BUSIA
located in Ketchikan, Alaska. Gods country
32 foot Marinette (no fly bridge)
twin 350 Crusader (Chev 350) engines
1:1 Borg Warner velvet drive transmissions
Closed cooling (antifreeze in the engine)
Proud to be retired IBEW and an A+P
seef158
Aluminum Star

Post by seef158 »

I love the boat but it's probably just not worth it to fix it, although I will be buying back from insurance. The prop, rudder, and probably the shaft are bent from being pushed down into the dirt, canvas and eisenglass are all shot also. I can buy a pretty nice replacement for what I'm getting from insuramce.
1972 28' express single 318, working on getting the bugs worked out.
forest lake, mn
Duluth, mn
Washburn, wi