Just added another boat, 26' Express

RiverRatt

Just added another boat, 26' Express

Post by RiverRatt »

My wife is not happy. I just bought a 1974 26'. I going to do the minimum to get it on the water. I want do see if we like it for quick trips. If we like it going to do a full restore. Maybe put a 400 SB Chevy Mercruiser manifolds in it i have.

What are the cruising speed to speed of a 26' Express, with the stock 318?
Bauxite Lady
32' FB Sedan
318 Chryslers

26' Express
Ohio River Mile 498
jralbert
Site Admin

Re: Just added another boat, 26' Express

Post by jralbert »

Is your spouse unhappy with your choice of manifolds or the cruising speed?
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
fastbrianman
New poster

Post by fastbrianman »

Let me know how the spouse thing works out, I am looking at adding a 26 Express in a couple of weeks, Spouse is the concern. Everyone needs 2 boats don't they? I wish you luck, Fair winds and a following sea.
Rockxx
Aluminum Star

Post by Rockxx »

I've been married 52 years, you probably ain't gonna make that.
Good luck,
Rockxx
1972 28' express "Safari"
Single Chrysler 318
Center Hill Lake, Tennessee
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

Mid-20s at 3,500 rpm. Good luck with your marriage!

Jeff

PS: Owner of two boats as well.
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
Aquaholic
Tin star

Post by Aquaholic »

I guess I'm fortunate to have a Mrs who's as loopy about these darned boats as I am!
We just added a second vessel to the Lambert fleet a few weeks ago. We picked up a 1973 28' Express to have as our "home port boat". Cannot wait to get it ready and wet in a few weeks :D We are anxious to see how this one handles and cruises compared to our Sedan.
We are heading down to Kentucky Lake early tomm morning for a four day weekend of Spring maintenance to our 1989 32' Sedan. We boated her down there from our home in central Ohio last Summer. We will spend 6 weeks this Summer cruising to Nashville/Chattanooga/Knoxville/then down to around Joe Wheeler State Park.
P.S..... does anyone have any money I can borrow for gas? ;)
Aquaholic
1989 32 Marinette Sedan "Aquaholic"
1973 28 Marinette Express "Easy Does It"
McConnelsville OH
Muskingum River
hightension
Tin star

Post by hightension »

Aquaholic wrote:I guess I'm fortunate to have a Mrs who's as loopy about these darned boats as I am!
We just added a second vessel to the Lambert fleet a few weeks ago. We picked up a 1973 28' Express to have as our "home port boat". Cannot wait to get it ready and wet in a few weeks :D We are anxious to see how this one handles and cruises compared to our Sedan.
We are heading down to Kentucky Lake early tomm morning for a four day weekend of Spring maintenance to our 1989 32' Sedan. We boated her down there from our home in central Ohio last Summer. We will spend 6 weeks this Summer cruising to Nashville/Chattanooga/Knoxville/then down to around Joe Wheeler State Park.
P.S..... does anyone have any money I can borrow for gas? ;)
Keep us updated on your cruise. Pictures etc
Rodney Hack
Louisville,Ky
1975 32' sedan flybridgehttp://www.marinetteboat.com/forum/ucp.php?i=u ... =signature#