Can you help me with a model, size, etc?

Parthena2
New poster

Can you help me with a model, size, etc?

Post by Parthena2 »

These are pix of my mother's Marinette, taken in the mid 1970s on the Tennessee River at Cuba Landing Marina near I40. It was unusual in that it had an early I/O drive that was fully mechanical. A crank rotated the external portion 180 degrees, bringing the prop up near the rail for replacement, etc. It was a single engine, and that is all can remember. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I hope to learn the specific model of this boat, contact the new company owner and see if any drawing exist I could use to make a scale model of it. I have no idea where the boat is now. I ran the registration numbers past the Tennessee Wildlife folks and they said they only no that registration is no longer active in Tennessee. I know - its a goose chase, but I loved that boat, and very much want to make a model of her.
Attachments
note the outdrive
note the outdrive
Parthena Front.JPG
javalin390
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: Can you help me with a model, size, etc?

Post by javalin390 »

Interesting being an I/O, never seen one. I'm not familiar with the older models, but some of the other fellows here are. My Dad had a 60's model aluminum Lone Star that had an early I/O as well, the out drive painted white too. Had a mechanical arm to steer it rather than hydraulic cylinder like today. Most were outboards, so ours was very rare I think.
Jim Elias
1974 37' SedanFlybridge
Twin 360 Chryslers.
Marblehead, Ohio
Tuggle
Aluminum Star

Post by Tuggle »

A friend had an old houseboat back from the 60's with an Eaton Outdrive, white, Dana and OMC both date back to the 60's, white also. Parts, although few and far between, are still available. Sound familiar?
"Deplorable", 1975 32' Express, Twin 318's, Raw Water Cooled, Lake Lanier, Ga.
MetalHead
Site Admin

Post by MetalHead »

This is a 63 Express. This looks to be a 31 foot boat. Beam at the front of the cabin is 10 feet and the beam at the transom is about 7 feet. Outdrive looks to be an early Eaton. This outdrive could have been a special order or a conversion as I have never found a factory model with an I/O setup.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/m ... n+outdrive

I would love to have you email me some higher resolution scans of the pictures for my archive. I don't think any drawings exist for this model, but we have plenty of pictures we could provide.
1963 Express.JPG
1959 Family Cruiser - Sold - Gary Dick - 12/05/14
1963 Express 31x10 - Sold - Joe & Ginger Tabor - 01/21/2017
1963 Express 31x8.5 - In Dry Dock - Restore Underway
1987 Sportsman - Lay Lake (Coosa River) Alabama
Big BigM 's Rule !!!
Columbiana, AL