Dinette Restoration Complete

carl
Royal Aluminum Star

Dinette Restoration Complete

Postby carl » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:45 pm

When I bought my Marinette it was missing some vital parts of the dinette cushions. I wanted a bigger table and new cushions that could be converted into a better bigger guest bed than what I had. My dinette restoration is complete. I pulled everything out to clean it all properly, I pulled the AC unit out of the aft bench seat to clean and service. I was able to clean and paint the floor under the bench seats. Reassembled everything a little stronger than I found her. Then installed a new table, new table supports, new cushions, new floor between the bench seats, new 120 volt outlet, new 12 volt LED light, two teak spice racks, cleaned up the walls and treated the teak. I rebuilt the tops of the bench seats so that I could access them both more easily. Lots of room for four now.
Attachments
105.JPG
104.JPG
103.JPG
102.JPG
101.JPG
1990 Marinette 32' Sedan Fly Bridge "IKOI"
Twin Crusader 350's (Closed Loop Cooling)
Bow to Stern Full On Restoration in Progress
Chickamauga Lake, Tennessee
A boat is always safe at shore, but that's not what its built for...

carl
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: Dinette Restoration Complete

Postby carl » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:47 pm

Three more pictures...
Attachments
108.JPG
107.JPG
106.JPG
1990 Marinette 32' Sedan Fly Bridge "IKOI"
Twin Crusader 350's (Closed Loop Cooling)
Bow to Stern Full On Restoration in Progress
Chickamauga Lake, Tennessee
A boat is always safe at shore, but that's not what its built for...

jralbert
Site Admin

Postby jralbert » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:47 pm

Labor of love, well done. Want to pass along a little thing I did - for the flip down access storage area under the table: Built two little open top boxes to fit under there. Used a string for a handle, making it easy to pull them out but you could cut out a hand slot just as easily. Oherwise, that space is easily inaccessible and wasted. For us, it was big enough to sotre a couple of rolls of paper towels plus Captain's must-haves (aka junk)
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD

bcassedy
Royal Aluminum Star

Postby bcassedy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:38 am

Very nice job!!
Ours had the same wasted space under the table. It was divided into 3 separate sections. I built boxes to slide in/out with finger holes for pulling out. We store pop/picnic supplies (napkins/paper plates/extra plastic ware in those. I am going to do some reinforcement of the table's support bracket using heavy fender washers up against the floor mount w/ SS bolts/lock nuts - too much wobble currently and the Admiral would like it so that her food doesn't slide all over...

... although to me, it was just a nice variation on "please pass the mashed potatoes" scenario.

Bill
Bill & Sharon Cassedy
"Sunset Seeker"
'88 32' Sedan Bridge
Located in Aurora, In.
Twin 318cu in Chrysler
1.5:1 Velvet drive trannies
Fresh water only